well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I've reached the acceptance stage. It's over.

https://youtu.be/2RJ9o7CNa1s?si=Lh5MRenkv5x2Conz

Owen Jones on attempted assassination of Trump, Biden, Gaza, American politics, the American left, the decline of American empire, American violence, the future, etc.

Posts: 25195 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
There is a good opinion at NYTimes today by an organizational psychologist who puts into words many of the thoughts I've had about Biden since the debate. It boils down to how he's behaved since then. He's taken a dismissive attitude, refuses to take a cognitive test, is adamant he's the only one capable of winning, is defiant ("Only the good Lord could change his mind..."), refuses to listen to any dissent, and expects us to disbelieve our eyes and ears. These are not traits of a good leader, they are the traits of a man in denial.

On top of the hubris required to hide his real condition from us--for the past year at least--he expects those who once supported him to sweep everything under the rug.

On top of his dismal numbers and his shaky path to winning the electoral college. He's playing with fire and at this time in our country's history, I think that's inexcusable.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Bernard, can you share a link? The NYT page is dominated by trump news right now…

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
He's staying on the ticket. Who are you voting for? (Rhetorical question, no need to answer that.)

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of Mik's, 'It's a long way to November post. Trump would be gone today if he hadn't turned his head at the right moment during an assassination attempt just yesterday. As to Biden, it's a plain medical fact such a condition as he has, whatever the precise diagnosis might be, gets worse as a function of time. I thought the stolen election in Florida in 2000 was bad. I think this is shaping up to be much worse.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
He's staying on the ticket. Who are you voting for? (Rhetorical question, no need to answer that.)

Gonna vote for Biden and wait to see if he can do any better than Hillary.

Nope. He won’t. We squandered our only hope.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I keep coming back to the William Butler Yeats poem:

“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.”

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13883 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope. He won’t. We squandered our only hope.

This is my feeling. Frowner

quote:
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.”

RP, I’m familiar with this quote, but I’m not sure how it applies here, can you explain?

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I don't think Biden is currently declining in the way that he is being portrayed. I am deeply concerned about the statistical likelihood that anyone could decline precipitously at his age. However, as things stand now, I'm with Chas on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️
@mmpadellan
When I cast my vote for President Biden, I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted trump out of office.

I knew he was old.
I knew he had a stutter.
I knew he had a rep for "gaffes."
I didn't care. Just wanted trump gone.

Four years later, things are different.
I wasn't expecting that President Biden would be the most legislatively successful President in my lifetime.

I wasn't expecting him to help expand NATO.
I wasn't expecting him to lower insulin & inhalers.
I wasn't expecting him to create & recover 15m jobs.
I wasn't expecting him to bring manufacturing back.
I wasn't expecting him to forgive student debt.

But he did ALL those things, and more.
He surpassed my expectations by a lot.
And he has more planned for 2025-2028.

He's not a master orator,
He doesn't move so smoothly
But neither did FDR from his wheelchair.

Meanwhile, trump is STILL a threat.
He wants to be a dictator.
He wants to stay out of prison.
He wants revenge on his enemies.
He wants to take away from the poor and middle class and give to the ultra wealthy.
His Project 2025 will enable a national abortion ban to criminalize women seeking safe and legal abortions.
His Project 2025 will take away the rights of our LGBTQ family and friends.
His Project 2025 will transform the government into a loyalty pledge, not to America but to him ALONE.
We might never have another free election.

THAT is what is at stake in this election.

We can continue to progress with Biden policies, or we can let trump destroy democracy as we know it.

If you're looking for someone who's young and athletic, go watch a ******* movie.

I'll take the old guy who needs a nap while saving democracy over the old guy trying to overthrow democracy who needs a legal team.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15554 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I don't see TEAMS being talked about at all. After all, the effect of a president is more than one person, it is more about the team assembled by that person.

I trust Biden's team building much more than Trump's!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7600 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh yeah, no question about it!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I don't see TEAMS being talked about at all. After all, the effect of a president is more than one person, it is more about the team assembled by that person.

Of course. But voters (you and me and those like us aside) don't vote for a team. And even mentioning the team lets the MAGA groupies go into their "he's just a figurehead and their whole Administration is run by the deep state!" mode.

I don't think it's a winning strategy to say that, if he declines, there's a team of people behind him. The only, only way he wins is if he can persuade voters that he's the right guy for the job, and he can do the job for four more years.

Which is why he should bow out, although I'm more and more pessimistic that that will happen.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Hillary didn't win even with people explaining - that there would be Supreme Court appointments made that would impact the country for decades.

The winning strategies are limited to either Biden stepping down - and a strong candidate replacing him. Strong is not Kamala. It would be Michelle Obama or a popular outsider - like a Mark Cuban (or Taylor Swift - ;-)).

Posts: 9616 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Lol!

I think Michelle Obama is the one who could give Trump a run for his money.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Why do people keep trying to draft Michelle? It's ridiculous! She has never run for public office and has never expressed a desire to. And Taylor Swift?? Reminds me of how everyone wanted Oprah to run.

Geez what is wrong with the people in this country that they would rather have some totally unqualified celebrity run the country rather than someone who actually has experience and credentials.

Pathetic.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post