well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

Chatterbox
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
It's cringeworthy watching Biden. Waiting for his next inadvertent word.

On the other hand, watching Trump is ridiculously amusing, waiting for the old man's attention to be diverted; as in Iowa when a fly completely distracted him to ponder (erroneously) why you can't buy fly paper, and suggesting it might now be considered a cruel way to kill.
(or waiting for his wig to blow off again)

Personally I can't imagine what drives them to want such an active and demanding job at their age. You gotta be a numpty.

--------------------------------
Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 414 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️
@mmpadellan
When I cast my vote for President Biden, I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted trump out of office.

I knew he was old.
I knew he had a stutter.
I knew he had a rep for "gaffes."
I didn't care. Just wanted trump gone.

Four years later, things are different.
I wasn't expecting that President Biden would be the most legislatively successful President in my lifetime.

I wasn't expecting him to help expand NATO.
I wasn't expecting him to lower insulin & inhalers.
I wasn't expecting him to create & recover 15m jobs.
I wasn't expecting him to bring manufacturing back.
I wasn't expecting him to forgive student debt.

But he did ALL those things, and more.
He surpassed my expectations by a lot.
And he has more planned for 2025-2028.

He's not a master orator,
He doesn't move so smoothly
But neither did FDR from his wheelchair.

Meanwhile, trump is STILL a threat.
He wants to be a dictator.
He wants to stay out of prison.
He wants revenge on his enemies.
He wants to take away from the poor and middle class and give to the ultra wealthy.
His Project 2025 will enable a national abortion ban to criminalize women seeking safe and legal abortions.
His Project 2025 will take away the rights of our LGBTQ family and friends.
His Project 2025 will transform the government into a loyalty pledge, not to America but to him ALONE.
We might never have another free election.

THAT is what is at stake in this election.

We can continue to progress with Biden policies, or we can let trump destroy democracy as we know it.

If you're looking for someone who's young and athletic, go watch a ******* movie.

I'll take the old guy who needs a nap while saving democracy over the old guy trying to overthrow democracy who needs a legal team.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Chas, that's probably the best summary I've seen that mirrors my current feelings...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I’ve read so many compelling arguments for both Biden’s staying and going. A quandary.

I guess it comes down to electability.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13887 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I’ve read so many compelling arguments for both Biden’s staying and going. A quandary.

I guess it comes down to electability.

Doug Sosnik (senior advisor to Bill Clinton) paints a very grim picture. His piece in yesterday's NYTimes explains his view that Biden has one path to 270 while Trump has 3 paths to reach the goal. In his view, if things continue down this road, Trump could very well not only win, but win in a landslide.

Free article:
https://www.nytimes.com/intera...8dcQ1&smid=url-share

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Chas can I distribute that? I think it sums things up very nicely.

When is the cutoff for the handwringing?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It reads like the campaign wrote it.

Please stop telling other people what opinions they should share.

Posts: 25244 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

November 6th.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Chas can I distribute that? I think it sums things up very nicely.

Please do

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Accuracy of political betting
Forbes

Odds Oddschecker

Chatterbox
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Chas, nicely written and I agree with you (as a foreign onlooker).
The only time when the dementia is problematic is on the world stage and it makes him appear feeble. FDR may have been physically disabled but he was still sharp mentally.

Meanwhile my sympathies to all for the latest gun violence which has no place in politics or ordered societies.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 414 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
… please tell me, who do we know *can* win? Who is that person? Not, "these are possible candidates," but the slam dunk.
Yeah, this is like the Republicans saying they want to “repeal and replace” ObamaCare but couldn’t get the “repeal” done in large part because they cannot agree on what to “replace” it with.

Posts: 12730 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️
@mmpadellan
When I cast my vote for President Biden, I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted trump out of office.

Thanks. I think this was from this x/tweet:

https://x.com/mmpadellan/status/1811487221901382054

Posts: 12730 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
… please tell me, who do we know *can* win? Who is that person? Not, "these are possible candidates," but the slam dunk.
Yeah, this is like the Republicans saying they want to “repeal and replace” ObamaCare but couldn’t get the “repeal” done in large part because they cannot agree on what to “replace” it with.

That's not a good analogy at all. First of all, no one can guarantee a win, no one, all we can do is increase our chances based on numbers we have. Those numbers are not good for Biden. Harris polls better than he does in at least one poll I read about. Biden's chances are slim. That's the reality. There's plenty of talent in the party and if Biden would do what's right for the country, it would rally behind a younger, energized ticket. Those chances sound a lot better than betting on someone who's floundering.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
This is a very strong argument for why the polls are not meaningful in this situation, and how the press has done us an immense disservice in the way they covered the debate:

https://youtu.be/AXXu50lbdC8?si=bmNioVZv1pPS7dbj

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post