well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Not too many of us are in swing states. It could be like Breakfast at Bernie's Biden's - and he'd still win Illinois. it's states like PA and WI that are worrisome - where less motivated voters may stay home.

I often suspect if James Comey could have been a bit less exuberant in his re-opening the can of email worms 10 days out from election, Hillary might have been in place - and Trump a distant memory. He violated policy - just showboated - because he was convinced Hillary would win - and he was just proving how unbiased the FBI was - even if it wasn't.

Posts: 9620 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
James Comey put Trump in the White House in 2016 Biden is going to do it in 2024.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
We have Biden (pretty self explanatory by now) and Harris (who didn't win a single delegate).

Yikes.

Posts: 25243 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
It's an excellent letter (of course we don't know who actually wrote it, but it "sounds" like Biden's voice).

An "excellent letter"? I read it and it had me seething. What an arrogant piece.

He claims the primaries were an open process and anyone could have run. BS. After he confirmed he'd be running again, after the '22 mid-term successes, no sane, qualified Democrat would have dared challenge him (and he knows it); that would have been political suicide. Does he think we're that stupid?

The letter is barely more than a list of accomplishments from the past 4 years, which no one denies and for which many are gratefull. But not once in his letter did he explain how he's going to win this election.

I just read James Carville's opinion at the NYTimes. Opening sentences: "Mark my words: Joe Biden is going to be out of the 2024 presidential race. Whether he is ready to admit it or not."

What's he know that we don't know? I wish he'd say.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Bernard, that is my opinion. You are entitled to yours. And I have mine.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Biden cannot win, and winning is all that matters.

Now I’m thinking Josh Shapiro. He’s supposed to be amazing. And he carries PA.

I disagree with James Carville. Obama and Bill Clinton should have no visible role in picking replacement nominees or moderating the series of town halls. The focus needs to be on the future, and we can’t let them upstage the participants, and we don’t want people reminded of their scandals, mistakes, or wives (looking at you, Hillary). And 8 people on stage is too many. Six, tops, so Harris plus 5.

Moderator needs to be someone respected in Dem circles, but not someone with baggage. I suggest Pete Buttigige or Jamie Raskin. Or someone else from Jan 6 Commission.

Posts: 19831 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I agree Cindy, those are all really good ideas.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Yep. He cannot win. He was asked in the ABC news interview to consider how he would feel if that came to pass. He said he would feel that he had done his best. WTF (curse word intended).

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Bernard, that is my opinion. You are entitled to yours. And I have mine.

I didn't really state my opinion. [Maybe a little, but I'm not the one suggesting we shouldn't have an opinion. As I recall, an attempt was made to stifle dissent.] I questioned your use of the word 'excellent' and stated how the letter made me feel, followed by some rebuttals to what he wrote. I suppose my summary of the letter as nothing more than a list of accomplishments, etc. is debatable, so it could be considered something of an opinion, but he didn't explain how he's going to win and that's a fact.

For the record, my opinion, after reading the article is that the situation is pathetic and he's coming off as a prick out of touch and obstinate. (And I say that with a tinge of sadness.)

eta: I edited my last line because I realized that I was responding to something he said yesterday, not something that was in the letter.

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Biden cannot win, and winning is all that matters.

Now I’m thinking Josh Shapiro. He’s supposed to be amazing. And he carries PA.

I disagree with James Carville. Obama and Bill Clinton should have no visible role in picking replacement nominees or moderating the series of town halls. The focus needs to be on the future, and we can’t let them upstage the participants, and we don’t want people reminded of their scandals, mistakes, or wives (looking at you, Hillary). And 8 people on stage is too many. Six, tops, so Harris plus 5.

Moderator needs to be someone respected in Dem circles, but not someone with baggage. I suggest Pete Buttigige or Jamie Raskin. Or someone else from Jan 6 Commission.

I agree. It would be unseemly, it seems to me, to have two ex presidents picking replacements. Everything about this needs to be fresh.

From the article:
quote:
Maybe Presidents 42 and 44 can make the candidate selection even more democratic by consulting the nation’s 23 Democratic governors in the town hall selection process

Why not just hold a vote amongst the Democratic governors, bypass 42 and 44?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Biden called into Morning Joe on MSNBC. He and his co-host are known to be sympathetic to him. There were points when he was yelling at them!

This is a trainwreck.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I read it and have an answer to it.

No.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
A former Obama staffer on Twitter:

quote:
I respect those who genuinely believe Biden has the best shot of winning in November. I disagree, but we're all making our best guess based on available information. But the people who say shut up, stop talking about it, ignore data like this should be laughed out of politics.

The data is an AARP poll post-debate in Wisconsin which shows, with third party candidates, Trump up by six, 44 to 38, over Biden.

If we lose Wisconsin, it's over.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
A former Obama staffer on Twitter:

quote:
I respect those who genuinely believe Biden has the best shot of winning in November. I disagree, but we're all making our best guess based on available information. But the people who say shut up, stop talking about it, ignore data like this should be laughed out of politics.

The data is an AARP poll post-debate in Wisconsin which shows, with third party candidates, Trump up by six, 44 to 38, over Biden.

If we lose Wisconsin, it's over.

chilling news

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A news conference is scheduled for Thursday. Biden
will be speaking.