well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Lots of keystrokes here and in TNCR...I can feel the grams melt away.

jf

Posts: 17692 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Saw a great book yesterday - French Women Don't get Fat!. About a French woman who came to U.S. as an exhange student and went back afer a year fat. Whens he got off the boat, her dad said, "You look like sack of potatoes". She says Leek Soup is a magic diet starter or for anytime you want to take off a couple of quick ones. Basically the book was about portion control, variety and enjoying *what* you eat, not how *much* you eat. Didn't buy it - yet. Opted for a book at the used book store about Liszt and Marie. *Galley Slaves of Love*, published in 1939 in England. Very interesting.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
She says Leek Soup is a magic diet starter or for anytime you want to take off a couple of quick ones.

I would imagine that any vegetable soup that is not cream based would be a good diet starter (like my Gazpacho!!!)Big Grin

I try to analyze why I crave to have more of certain flavors I like when I don't have to. I find that chewing slowly and consciously helps control that need somewhat.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
""I try to analyze why I crave to have more of certain flavors I like when I don't have to. I find that chewing slowly and consciously helps control that need somewhat""

Yup - she talks about that.

I'm thinking that just keeping a pot of vegetable based broth/soup going would be a good substitute for anything except what you "really" want when you get the munchies.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I know this is mean, but I couldn't resist after finding this by accident just now. I'll post salad and fruit pictures another time. I'm actually VERY much with you (my main efforts now are to follow an insulin-resistent diet, to reduce sugar cravings. Highly recommended!)

(Haha. I'm greatly helped by not being hugely fond of ice-cream!)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Ice cream is not my thing either, Amanda. It's the creamy, salty, crunchy, any thing with pasta stuff I love. Thank god for Dreamfields.

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Horseback yesterday, 20 miles on the bike today, horseback again tomorrow and maybe biking too. Then I'll get on the scale and we will see.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on the scale in days. But I did go on a 45 minute bike ride (about 9 miles) both yesterday and today.

Smiler jodi

Posts: 20476 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Mon
20 mile ride
4 mile run

Tues
7 mile run
weight workout

Weds
20 mile ride
4 mile run

Thurs
Off

Fri
20 mile ride

Saturday:
12 mile run
Bosu class
weights

Sunday
20 mile bike ride
8 mile run

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
All week- other than walking everywhere for errands and moving through the city, nothing except an extra 30 minute walk on Wednesday to the train station. No running Frowner

You people would leave me in the dust...

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
A few ups and downs, but officially 94# after just over two weeks. Adagiolady and I ran/rode/biked each other's butt off! Of course, that was the goal!

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Gee. All of that tennis and healthy eating this weekend, and no weight loss whatsoever. My clothes fit great, though . . .

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Katie,

You're doin better than I - haven't lost a pound.

K

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, I got on the scale this morning. 98#. Not too bad, considering what a pig I was last week. I did 16 miles on the bike yesterday - averaging 12.5 mph. (a couple of the hills just about killed me). I lifted weights this morning, and then had a killer riding lesson on a freight train of a horse. I'm exhausted.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20476 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post