well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Alright, here's the deal. I need to lose weight, and maybe posting here will help with the motivation. Real numbers: I weigh 212, to hit a BMI of 30 I should be at 175 or so, for a BMI of 25 it should be 145. No health problems yet (very good cholesterol), but I have lots of older, retired clients, and several of them have had hip operations in their 60's, or adult diabetes that limits their life, with weight proportionally about what mine is now.

Last year I lost 8 pounds on South Beach and some exercise, this year nothing. I haven't gained it back, but no losses the last 6 months. WIth the baby and all there have been distractions, but there are still no good excuses. In college I was in great shape (could deadlift over twice my bodyweight), but things sort of declined from then on.

So, I need to lose between 35 and 70 lbs. more for long-term health reasons. I'll post weekly with updates. I hope this will help with my focus and motivation. Healthy weight loss should be about 1/2 to 1 pound a week, so this should be a 1-2 year project.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Glad you're on board, Jeffrey!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Jeffery! Glad you've joined the rest of the losers here!!!Big Grin

If you slack off Jodi will bring out that horsewhip of hers, so you better watch out! Wink

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
*sigh*

Okay, deal me in. I have a goal weight between 70 and 80.

SigOther and I have been going to Weight Watchers for a year and a half. I have already lost 16 percent of my starting weight. But we have a ways to go.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
95#

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Teach, 5 lbs in a week? Isn't that a little crazy? I mean, I'm impressed but I hope you're not doing anything too drastic!

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I agree, be careful teachum! With the warm weather some of that weight could be precious fluid!

I am at 98! Haven't gotten as much exercise as I would like. Hard when the teen is away, Mr. BeeLady works 90 hour weeks. The kids aren't keen on brisk 3 mile walks....

BUt I took them to the pool yesterday and swam laps during "adult swim!". Even better, I was the only adult in the pool! Cool

Then took the 8 year old out with me on my walk He rode ahead on the bike and did a few laps till I caught up...We did manage 3 miles.

Today was a preschool field trip. While we walked, it was slow...a bit of weight lifting ("I'm too tired!"), and stopping to look at frogs and dead animals... Razzer...then we went back to the farm and had....ice cream.... Roll Eyes

Sigh...

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
My exercise for the day...I commuted 70 miles roundtrip! Hey, it's a five speed, so there is SOME work.

And I didn't eat the second half of my sandwich at lunch....

jf, at 99#

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I always lose quicky at the beginning and then slow down... I'm drinking lots of fluids and I actually did no exercise yesterday and today because it was pouring rain and I had to run all over the place and go to piano lesson today.

Don't worry, Guys - I love good food too much to ever do anything to extreme.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Well I haven't done a thing since Saturday, between boyfriend here and workers tearing up my apartment to install natural gas radiators...

Hopefully tomorrow I will get something in. Today I'll walk extra to the train station again. I'm sure I've gained weight this week!

Elena

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Back to 96#. Oh well. I feel slimmer! My jeans say I'm slimmer. Just keep trudging. Today's another bad day for exercising - off to the dog groomers, jewelers to get a ring fixed, etc., etc., etc....Maybe check out the new sheet music store.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Do you guys weigh yourselves everyday? I tend to but it can be like watching grass grow...

So I am thinking I might choose one or two days a week hoping that progress will seem greater...

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Here's the log: on Sat I had a 1.5 hr yoga class. Yesterday and today 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I'm going to try for every day a little bit.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I got a good walk/run in sunday morning, doing my 3 miles in 39 minutes (which is more running than walking) But then I smoked 1/2 pack of cigarettes at the PW party. (Bootsy is SUCH a bad influence on me Smiler).

Worked out today. TOmorrow I'll run again (cough, cough, cough).

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
I hear ya jon.

wheeze wheeze wheeze (that will be me tomorrow too)

Elena