well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Ok, today I am BACK ON THE WAGON. (I was good yesterday until I sat in front of the TV last night and watched "The Notebook" and chowed down on way too much of some sort of healthy looking crunchy granola-y cereal by the handfuls. I'm sure one serving size was a very healthy snack, but when you sit there with the box in your lap and stuff your face with handful after handful, well, you get the picture. Roll Eyes *sigh* (I am SUCH a loser. I am not EVEN getting on the scale this morning.)

Off to the gym to lift weights.

Smiler Jodi

You are too funny, Jodi. LOSER, LOSER, LOSER - Big L on your forehead!

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Jodi, how did you like the movie? I cried like a blubbering fool.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
Jodi, how did you like the movie? I cried like a blubbering fool.

Me too! Between mouthfulls of cereal. Big Grin That picture of Toledo is gorgeous. And I LOVE marzipan. I especially love it when it's dipped in dark chocolate.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I especially love it when it's dipped in dark chocolate.

They're not that clever here!

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
You are too funny, Jodi. LOSER, LOSER, LOSER - Big L on your forehead!

Ooh. Good idea for a new avatar!

Big Grin Jodi

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
No, this is Toledo:

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Dang it! I knew we had taken a wrong turn after the exit! Big Grin

Jodi, I love the new avatar! Is that a chocolate chip cookie in your hand? Very funny!

Elena

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
Is that a chocolate chip cookie in your hand?

Elena

Looks like a pink frosted Krispy Kreme to me.

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Nope, it's a raised donut with pink frosting and sprinkles.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:

Looks like a pink frosted Krispy Kreme to me.

jf

ding ding ding!

Big Grin

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Did a Bosu class last Saturday... For me, this is one of the hardest workouts that I can do. Most of the folks in the class are fitness crazed women - and there aren't too many folks in the class.

One could have bounced coins off of most of the anatomy of the woman and front of me and probably put out an eye.

The thing I like about Bosu (like Pilates or Yoga) is that it is a core strength system. It is cruel...fortunately, no animals other than yours truly is harmed by it. It really helps strengthen muscles that one normally wouldn't be using.

Today is one of the days when I do a morning and evening workout. This a.m. the cycle group was in rare form - with a sustained ride of 24 mph for quite a while...I kept praying for trains. It will take a while - but I know I'll be good at this eventually - and look forward to riding with the bad boys at the front of the pack.

Tonight and tomorrow morning are runs - probably 8 miles each.

Oh yes, I'm at 103 - gained weight but lost a little. The mint cream cookies are safely in the freezer.

K

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Bosu? What kinds of exercises do you do for that? I took Pilates for a few months - certain exercises made my back ouchy - the ones we did where my back wasn't particularly stable. I did like some of the stuff though - so I work it into my weight routine at the gym.

No bike ride for me today - too rainy. Hope to get a power walk in later. I can't believe you were able to maintain 24mph. My average is right around 12 for the entire ride. We have lots of hills around here, and the only time I'm around 24 is going down them!

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Jodi _ I tried Pilates and they were okay - but I like Yoga better - Suzanne Deason has a really several really good DVDs. One is Yoga for weight loss and another is Yoga for lower body conditioning. It has three segments on it - Balance Ball routine, Lower BOdy and a Pilates routine. I was surprised at how much of a workout. It's not MMMMMM at all. I have a bad neck and they don't bother my neck at all.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post

Looks pretty hokey I know. Reebok makes a stablility board that is also good - but Bosu is generally tougher. I've had both back and knee issues - Bosu helped both. For those of us who overdevelop certain muscle groups - it really helps to make us a bit more flexible - while simutaneously strengthening muscles and giving one a decent cardio workout.

K

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Every time I look at my avatar, I get HUNGRY.

Smiler Jodi