well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 20469 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
97# today.

Do you suppose I need to worry about becoming so good looking that it becomes disruptive to business meetings?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Good job, DOug. I'm going to weigh-in tomorrow. Working out like crazy today, drinking lots of water, etc. Jodi - went for a glorious ride this morning. The horses trotted and cantered non-stop for about 3 miles. We just let them set the pace. Total ride is about 12.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Looks like the back wreck coincided with the beginning of *no sex*.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
91.6# and losing....!!! Off to ride.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Gaaaaagh!!!

I've been busting my re-buttal with the workout sessions, but I've still only lost a couple of pounds. (I'm sure the cake and ice-cream I had at my daughters birthday party didn't help any.

Smiler Jodi (I'm so not a loser)

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
I got a rude awakening this week when I stepped on the scale, but not what you might think. I'm underweight!! I have lost 15 pounds since I was in NY in June. I suppose my avoidance of anything fattening and munching all day on salad, yogurt and nuts is not enough for my body.

I immediately went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of food.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
I got a rude awakening this week when I stepped on the scale, but not what you might think. I'm underweight!! I have lost 15 pounds since I was in NY in June.
Elena

You could get hurt posting info like that on this thread . . .

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
That's right, Doug. But it just goes to show that walking everywhere and not eating junk pays off. How old are you Elena - if I may be so rude as to ask? Because it does come off much easier when you are young. I never used to believe that, but it's true. I could eat anything I wanted in my 20's and I bet I never went above 120. I'm 5'5.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Thirtyone.

When I hit 29-30 my metabolism slowed down a little. It seems to have jumpstarted again recently, maybe from the extra walking? I haven't really noticed any major change in my health patterns but this is actually the skinniest I´ve ever been since I was about 14, and to be honest I don´t think it is healthy as I now weigh 60 kg (132lbs) (I'm 5'11"). BUT getting back to your point Teachum,:

my ONLY sweet snack is greek yogurt sweetened with honey and with chopped walnuts thrown in, I can have it as many times a day as I want. I keep no cookies, no cake, no ice cream and no bread in the house except for tortilla wraps. When I am out on errands I will occasionally fall for the candybar or icecream cone but this is about once a week, twice at most.

Also, because of work issues, I have seen my fiancee a lot less this year than in the past Frowner. Bad for the relationship, but good for the waistline (we eat out too much when we're together).

Chris was telling me about the joys of pressure cooking. Maybe I'll get myself one of those contraptions to make some cheap meals...

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I don't eat sweets either, Elena. I have been eating yogurt for breakfast -sweetened with Splenda. For lunch I have been sticking with my soup concoction that is all veggies - no potatoes and a small piece of chicken or other lean meat and salad or very small portion of lo-carb pasta for dinner. If I get starving during the day I have a bowl of my soup or a SouthBeach meal-replacement bar. I should weigh 125, that's my goal.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Your diet sounds like mine!!! LOL! You've already lost quite a bit of weight so it looks like it is won't be much longer before you get to your goal.

I have resigned myself to weight changes over different periods of the year. They can vary by about 10 pounds from one season to the next, 5 pounds within a season. As long as I don't go over 155 I think I'm ok and can lose easily.

Elena

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Stepped on the scale today in the middle of the afternoon....95#!

Unlike you teachum, I have decided not to really diet. They just make me feel deprived and then I tend to binge. So with just regulating a bit what I do eat, snacking less and drinking lots more water....Yippee!

Have been doing 3 mile walks, trying to increase my laps in the pool but the biggest contributor has been some heavy duty yard work lately, laying walkways, landscaping wild areas wtc...Lots heavy lifting etc. without the gym!

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just to make you all feel proud of yourselves, today is my daugther's birthday. I bought donuts for her for breakfast. Guess who ate the ones she didn't like. Big Grin Topping it off, my knee is really bothering me, so I'm taking a break from my 2 a day cardios. Which means I'm really gonna pay for those donuts. And I still have to make the birthday cake....

*sigh*

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Psst, jodi, I have a confession...My son's tutor brought him a donut this morning...I ate 1/3 of it... WhoMe

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post