well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hi.

My name is Mark.

And I have a weight/excess body fat problem.

On the way home from apple's party, Katie and I promised each other to start eating better and we are going to start an exercise regime today after school.

We are starting the first week with:

Each Day:
10 Sit-ups
10 Push-ups
10 Deep Knee Bends
10 Leg Lifts
A 10 minute walk

We will do one set of reps the first week. Then 2 sets the second week up to 3 reps maybe by the 4th week. We will increase the walk to 15 minutes the 2nd week up to 25-30 minutes by the 5th week.

I will also be going back on The Zone Diet.

I want to reduce my body fat percentage to healthy levels by July. It can and will be done!

Katie does not need to loose any weight/body fat, but she wants to tone it up a bit and I think the exercise and shared time, will do her a lot of good emotionally.

Good lord I am starting to sound like a "gasp!" liberal! Ole

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:

Good lord I am starting to sound like a "gasp!" liberal! Ole

Mark, you crack me up.

Big Grin Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Katie - I hate buying swim suits. Down two sizes is great, though!

I'm up several #'s. And was REALLY bad yesterday. Three costco bagels. The ones with cheese on top. (They were really yummy Frowner )

But I went on a 9 mile bike ride yesterday. Can't believe I'm biking in January The only thing cold was my hands, I need to get warmer biking gloves. And I went and lifted weights this morning. And I had yogurt for breakfast. I really really really wanted another bagel. *sigh*

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi.

My name is Mark.

And I have a weight/excess body fat problem.

Big Grin Big Grin

But I still prefer Woody Allen's version (obvious not referring to himself):

"I'm not overweight: I'm undertall." Wink

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I can wear my prom dress - really, I can! I just put it on. It's a little tight across the bust, but it fits. Now if we just had a silly dress-up day at school, I could wear it.

75# and counting.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Older than dirt, Katie. I graduated in 1969. Do the math. I resisted letting my mom cut it up to make doll clothes. Adagiolady and I have a picture of ourselves dressed in them a number of years back with tennies on. Pretty funny.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
What the heck.

Here's the eating-related excerpt from the Keillor piece "below" on how to pass 50 - gracefully.

Seems to correspond pretty well on what many individuals here are concluding separately, on how to cope with metabolic changes. The only thing I'd add is that it's very individual and if you haven't started to learn your own idiosyncrasies (and they change!) - well, it's about time.

I just saw my doctor today and was astonished (just opened my eyes - literally - at the last minute to see what the scales were registering HairRaising ) By gum* I'd lost 5 lbs since last month. On what? The chocolate/marzipan/candy cane/eggnog and protein shake diet! I was not only never hungry; I often felt bloated! One thing, however, I never ate when I was not at least slightly hungry.

Not that I would try to patent this method (and maybe his scales need recalibration or something).

(* Can't believe I said "by gum". What's next? Blink )

OK, Keillor:

quote:
By 50, everyone can stand to lose 20 pounds, so do it. The simplest way is to adopt a new philosophy of eating, which is revolutionary in America but which is essential for an older person: Eat to satisfy hunger; if you're not hungry, don't eat. Stop eating when your hunger is satisfied. Except on Sunday or whichever day is your feast day. As you get older, your metabolism changes, and now you can sustain yourself quite well on one meal per day and two snacks. So that's what you do.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Had my first breastfeeding dream last night. Except I was feeding someone else's baby to shut him up as he wouldn't stop crying, and after he finished with my right breast it was completely deflated, like a half empty ballon... it was very strange. (ok, is this more info than people want to know??? Big Grin)

Haven't weighed myself but considering how much we were fed at the orchestra residence this last week (two 3-course meals every day) I'm sure I must have put on at least 4 pounds.

Elena
http://www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I sometimes still get that tingley milk let down feeling. It's a bizarre sensation. The worst part of breastfeeding is when they let loose and you are nowhere near your baby. You figure out what clothing best hides wet patches, and what accentuates them. (hint, don't do silk - large paisley fleece prints are the best) The worst was the day I opened the door for the UPS guy, signed for a package, and then looked down and my blouse was held together by exactly one button, and there were two huge wet spots on either side. Eeker

Smiler Jodi

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Silk- no
Paisely fleece- good
Keep shirt buttoned for UPS man (or any other male that happens around the house...)

Jodi, you are a wealth of information for the uninitiated. Wink Actually I wanted to ask something else but I will start it in its own thread.

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whippen boy
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence Elena - I've had the exact same dream myself.

Posts: 65 | Location: Berkeley | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
So it was YOUR kid!!! Big Grin

Elena

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
The worst was the day I opened the door for the UPS guy, signed for a package, and then looked down and my blouse was held together by exactly one button, and there were two huge wet spots on either side. Eeker

Smiler Jodi

Well, HE must have appealed to your maternal instincts, jodi!

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katie:
and Boo Hoo Frowner ... I'm missing the fun (albeit hard work) in Honduras. I do hope y'all have a good time. My prediction ... you'll come back 7 lbs lighter.

Well, as it turns out, we were fed like kings! (and queens!) I expected to jump on the scale 7 lbs heavier, but as it turns out I was about the same, though today....#89!

Katie, we sure missed you. Do consider next year, you will not regret it. My son had a wonderful time and worked hard. He wants to schedule next year in ink on the calendar.

PM me your smail address and I will send you a CD of pics.

To stay on topic, I was inspired this morning in the supermarket. Ran into the contractor who built our house and addition. He must have lost 25 lbs! (And he was doing the family grocery shopping! Comfort)
Tonight we are having plantains with our dinner! Big Grin

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
On a separate nursing note, with my last baby after about 6 weeks I was 25lbs lighter than before I became pregnant.

Nursing was great as it took about 500 calories a day! Big Grin

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post