well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Well, my #%&$*! scale told me I was 100 again today. I must be gaining muscle. Roll Eyes

Jodi, more importantly, how do you FEEL? How do your clothes fit? You probably *are* gaining muscle, but that means you have also lost fat.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Yeah - well, at least I'm not a "Popularity Seeker". Neener

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm at 98# this morning. Thats less than a pound a week. But, If we assume I have added, say, fifteen pounds of muscle, that is really quite remarkable.

So . . .Let's assume that.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I know this has been posted before, but I just think it belongs on this thread somewhere.

Fitness

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yesterday:

upperbody and abs workout at the gym
ran around behind young horse I've been line driving 1/2 hour
45 minute bike ride (I made sure I spun the pedals faster, and my knee didn't hurt!)

This morning: went to gym for Yoga at 6am sharp instructor sick Frowner - so I did a lower body and abs workout, then a 40 minute powerwalk.

Any yoga-ites here? Never done it before - do you think I'll be able to alternate yoga and weights? (I usually do weights every other day to give my muscles a break) - Will that be too much for me, or is it a different enough workout?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Doug - that clip is a hoot!

(I don't get the treadmill thing, though - the gym was PACKED with people, every treadmill full, it was hot and stuffy in there, and the weather outside was PERFECT for a walk. And FAR more interesting. I walked through the alleys and checked out people's junk. Very fun.

Smiler Jodi

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I'm glad you are feeling better. Back pain is no fun, screws up your ability to do most things. But it can also be hard to tell between sore muscles and the back getting out of alignment.

Do you normally do any lumbar-strengthening excercises?

Jodi, I have never done yoga and is something I have always wanted to do. Let me know what it's like!

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I started doing Yoga a couple of years ago with my neighbor. I had never done it before and was very skeptical. I really enjoy it. I have some DVD's by a woman named Suzanne Deason. She does not do impossible stretches and things that normal people cannot do. One is focused on Yoga for weight loss and another has 3 segments in it - Lower Body Conditioning, Pilates and a Balance Ball WOrkout. We usually do the Lower Body Conditioning and the Balance Ball after that. It is about an hour workout and leaves you worked, but relaxed.

I just mowed the *front 40* on the tractor. May not be aerobic, but it sure requires strength and concentration to avoid the rocks, steer the tractor and keep from tipping over. I'm pooped. Now I have to practice and get ready for my lesson. Scale still says 93#, but it feels like more than that. I'm SO impatient!!!! I want to be a big loser!!!

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh man, Katie - I feel your pain. I had terrible back problems a couple of years ago - (everyone on the old piano forum was very supportive) - and I was in tears more than once. That feeling is the absolute WORST. I hope you continue to feel better.

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Me too, Katie - I hurt mine last fall - overdid lifting things on a cold day. I was in my classroom the next day and I took a step and OMG - I couldn't believe it. I could hardly walk or move. I had to get someone to come in take my class so I could literally get my breath. It was just muscle strain, but man, it HURT!

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
93.4# Finally, some movement.

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:

that could explain it....

K

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:

that could explain it....

K

I'm certainly not admitting that I laughed at this. Nope, not me . . .

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I figured someone would take off on the *movement* idea. Blink