well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Jodi, if we don't allow ourselves *occasional* parentheses in our attempts at weight loss I think we are more bound to go crazy and give up completely.

Today I had very greasy french fries and three deep fried chicken wings for lunch but I don't plan on having any dinner except yogurt with walnuts.

Today I also did as CJQ recommended and walked to Atocha (the train station) instead of taking the Metro. 30 minute walk. Would have been enjoyable if it weren't so darned hot!!

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:

Today I also did as CJQ recommended and walked to Atocha (the train station) instead of taking the Metro. 30 minute walk. Would have been enjoyable if it weren't so darned hot!!

This is the real problem with trying to exercize as part of your regular routine in life. IT can be uncomfortable in regular clothes.

Posts: 4676 | Location: Brooklyn, Earth | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
96#. Jodi - is that a *snotty* mare or a *snorty* mare? Actually, I'm sure she could be both. We had a great ride yesterday. The boys were rarin to go. They are never snotty. Boys aren't you know. Big Grin

We had a huge windstorm last night. Power went out and I played by oil lamplight. It was kind of cool. I was on my way back from piano lesson when they came on the emergency system announcing the storm was headed for Spokane and would hit it about 15 minutes at 6:45. It got to us at about 9:00. It must have slowed down because it should have hit us in about at hour as it was traveling 35 mpg. I love exciting weather. My german sheperd quivers and cowers though. He has to come in when it starts in.

Off to walk.

20,000 steps on Ped yesterday.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The exercise part of this is going well. I've gone to my a.m. exercise class every weekday so far this month. If I keep it up for the rest of the month, I'll receive the incentive for perfect attendance -- a visor and a towel with the company logo.

I figure if you add those classes to the tennis clinics and matches, I have exercised 34 hours this month. And it's only June 22!

I'm still at 100 pounds, but I feel a breakthrough coming on!

Today, rather than just lope along during my run, I did some intervals. Man, those things are painful!

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Well, the ride on the snotty/snorty (actually, it's b*tchy, I didn't want to get moderated Big Grin) mare was aborted today. It's raining, and I went out to the stable to find 4 large hayracks filled with bales in the indoor arena. Not sure what that's all about, hopefully they will be GONE tomorrow.

Ok, I'm off for a 3 mile walk. (I just read that walking very briskly for three miles burns pretty much the same amount of calories that running 3 miles does, plus it's easier on the knees.) Hope I don't get too wet.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20445 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Just finished 3 miles walking. Now I have to wrestle two cats and a dog to the vet. That should count for something.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I fully plan on having way more muscle than I did when I used to weigh 125# And a bit more fat too. And you are right, the tough thing about the weight training is that it makes you REALLY HUNGRY. But I have found that a good fiber filled snack with some protien in it manages to satify me - like a half an apple with some peanut butter smeared on top, or something like that.

A good note to all of this - my downfall has been sugar. I LOVE the stuff. But I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I'm not binging on cookies and cinnamon rolls, and Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars, and Cinnamon Spice Mochas with whipped cream on top. I have WAY more energy in the afternoon and evening. And I really have managed to stick to the no food after dinner thing. That seems to be making a difference too.

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Jodi - I used to love those Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars too - still do, truth be told. I used to go buy one and eat it all!!! Of course I could do that when I was running five miles a day, biking, and jazz dance and aerobics. But then I'd have this *fish* in my chest. My heart would get all kinds of irregular beats.

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Jodi, Happy anniversary and happy 600th!

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My old kickboxing instructor TOLD me not to get on the scale every day. He TOLD me it would be bouncing all over the place, and just to go on how my clothes were fitting. Yesterday, I did fine with food(I sent the leftover cookies from the block party to work with my husband so I wouldn't be tempted!) and I walked the overdue book back to the library instead of driving it (about 2 miles) and then last night Steve and I did the 9 mile bike ride look (about 45 minutes), and this morning - the scale said 99.5#. HairRaising

Such is life. Big Grin I'm off to the gym this morning to do weights.

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Yup - You're right, Jodi. I'm not up, but not going down either. Of course I knew I couldn't continue at a pound a day for long. Vowing to not get back on the scale until Saturday which is when I got on initially. Then I will be able to measure a week's progress.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I've got a digital that gives me .5 pound increments. I don't know how accurate it is, although it does seem to be in the same vicinity as my old one with the dial.

Today, it told me 97#

Yesterday, I did weights, I rode the snorty mare, I mowed the lawn, and I did a 3 mile walk. This morning, I'm off for a bike ride.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ooh. 25? Cute? We want pictures! I would love to have a personal trainer. Someone to crack the whip and get me into shape. I'd love to have a personal cook too - someone to make tasty reduced fat/reduced carb meals, so I didn't have to think about it. A housecleaner wouldn't be bad either. I think I need to win the lottery.

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I'm not getting on the scale until tomorrow, but I definitely feel and look thinner this morning. I can tell by my shorts too. I walked only two yesterday, but I still had 12,000 on my ped by bedtime. This plays walks you to death just doing stuff. I'm going on a mountain ride Sunday morning, Jodi. I may ride my bike in the development later if I get done with my *chores*. That being sick for a week and a half put me so far behind!

Does anyone watch 30 Days? I never had before the other night and my hubbie and I watched the one about the guy trying to get young and lose all his weight in 30 days with Hormones and training. It was pretty scary! I think our way is better. He ended up with liver malfunction and dead sperm count in 21 days! He stopped the program, needless to say. He was taking HGH shots everyday and Testosterone once a week, plus a zillion micronutrients and personal training.

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
It's always good when a personal trainer "inspires" you a bit. I see some trainers at my club who look like they need more help than their clients.

I've picked up training over the past month - and have gained weight! That isn't unusual. As you begin to workout, your body sometimes retains more water - and of course, muscle weighs a bit more.

The best thing I've done for my training has been joining a bicycle group that rides at 5:30 a.m. every morning. They bike from 20-28 miles at a pace that would make most folks blanche. They have a couple of professional cyclists, some amateur racers, a lot of experienced riders - and me hanging on for dear life.

I ride with them 3x a week in the morning - and do one longer ride every weekend. That supplements my running of 4-5x a week.

As a result, I'm not lifting weights as much 2-3x a week - but I think that will be OK for now.

K

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post