well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Elena - Mr. Teachum wants to know which palace window is your bedroom?

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Teachum, I used to have this stupid fantasy when I was younger (like, last year Wink) that I would marry the prince (who is cute but stone-cold). Of course, they don't live in the palace. They have their own ugly modern red brick-built tasteless home. (do you sense any resentment from my part? Big Grin)

Chris, I started a thread where I posted more pics as I think this one should remain on the topic of excercising. You can almost see my apartment building in it.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I guess it's a sign of growing up when we give our fantasies! Haven't quite given up on being a really good pianist yet. At least that is somewhat in my control.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My fantasy these days is thinking about going back to some point in my life and to be able to do a year over knowing what I know now. Not that I'd change anything, just that I'd know what not to worry about, and it would be a whole lot more fun. It wouldn't hurt to have that body back either... Big Grin

Ok, tonight, I went on a very brisk 3 mile walk.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
98#

Smiler Smiler Smiler

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Wow, Jodi, don't you burn out? I would never be able to keep up the excercise schedule you are doing. I'm impressed!

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
97# - 15,000 steps on my pedometer yesterday. 2 miles of it was actual focused exercise - the rest was walking around this 10 acres working! Tomorrow I'm starting in riding again. Wish you could ride with me Jodi!

Hope to go biking on Thursday. Haven't been yet this year, it's killing me!

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
OK. Today I extended my jogging to one 10 minute session and one 8 minute session with a 2 minute break in between (walking) and then speed walked for about 8 minutes.

2 sets of toning excercises at home. (abdominals and girlie pushups)

Elena

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
OK - i figured out a metric I can use to track my progress.

I started jogging/walking my three mile course this week. This morning, it took me 44 minutes, representing a mix of walking (~18m miles) and jogging (~10m miles).

I'll post my times when I run, with a view to getting it down to 30m within a month or so (i.e. jogging the whole thing).

Jon - 44m.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, the scale said 97.5# this morning. But I went on a 9 mile bike ride last night, and I woke up thirsty, and I'm guessing some of that weight loss might be dehydration. We'll see.

I also rode a snorty little thoroughbred mare yesterday morning. I almost couldn't catch her in the pasture, she kept running away kicking. Such and attitude. (would love to come riding with you, teachum!)

AND, I got a lovely pizza for my family for dinner last night - watched them eat it as I munched on my little low carb wrapp stuffed with red peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, green olives, smoked turkey and a little cream cheese, sprinkled with Mrs. Dash Onion Seasoning. It was actually pretty good, but Frowner Frowner Frowner Ok, maybe I did peel a mouthfull of melted cheese of the bottom of the pizza box before I threw it away Wink

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
15,000 on my ped yesterday.

96# this morning. Have walked three miles and am now going for about a 15 mile horseback - most of it trotting.

I have a funny story about a thoroughbred - tell you later jodi - my riding partner just arrived.

Sayonara

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
katie - not to worry. I started watching what I was eating a few weeks ago, and the first week it seemed like nothing happened. It's like it took my body a little while to get into losing mode, or something.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
You guys are doing better n me. Still at ground 0, but no time to up my excercise from my lap swims this week.

Jodi, you're sounding very Julia Childish - lovely pizza. Big Grin

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
GAUGH! Block party tonight. I was very bad. Brownies. Blackberry oatmeal bars. Caramel Corn. Some sort of fruity custardy tart thingie. And now, I'm having a glass of home brewed hard cider. Our last bottle. (It's our anniversary.)

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
*phew*

Still 97.5 this morning. Even after my caramel corn binge last night. Big Grin The weather has turned sort of nasty. I'm going to ride the snorty little mare this morning, but am hoping to get a decent bike ride in today.

Smiler Jodi