well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Way to go BeeLady!! Your lb per week average is very healthy and most likely to keep you stable!

By the way, when I said "diet" I was talking in general terms about food intake, not that I was adhering to any particular diet at the moment. Eating what I normally eat...in Spain!

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I don't know how I'd cope if I had kids! When I'm around Jonathan's son I always end up eating what he doesn't. I feel bad tossing it out, and sometimes it doesn't taste very good the next day...at least not as good as when it is right there in front of me!!!Big Grin

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katie:
[QUOTE]Yard work is hard work IMO ... especially 'hard' landscaping. I remember it well. Do it on a hot summer day and the pounds drip off in sweat!! The best exercise I believe is the one that combines strength, endurance, repetition and the cardio ... Laying a walkway with heavy stones can be quite a workout!
Good for you BeeLady!!
Smiler

And good practice for this winter... Wink

I easily drank a gallon of water yesterday...whew! Today it was even hotter so took the day off and went to the movies...Tomorrow ....a tamper and bluestone are on the agenda...

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Beelady - I'm really not feeling deprived or very hungry. I'm not a binge eater either. I've just been eating too much of what I do eat and spending way too much time on the piano bench this past winter without balancing it with exercise.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Well, I've kept up my exercise program for 3 weeks now. No loss on the scale, but I have more energy. Post more later.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Weighed in this morning. 89.5#. I'm happy. But have to admit I really had alot more to lose than I wanted to admit. So my new goal would be 80 and then we'll see.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
Weighed in this morning. 89.5#. I'm happy. But have to admit I really had alot more to lose than I wanted to admit. So my new goal would be 80 and then we'll see.

I think I speak for everyone on this thread, when I say "Teachum is kicking our butts".

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes she is. I've had a couple of people tell me I'm looking a lot more toned up and a little slimmer, but my %$@#*! scale certainly isn't one of them...

Big Grin Jiodi

Posts: 20479 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I haven't been participating in this thread "Because", but I did want to follow up on one of my goals (have been desperately worried about jinxing myself by premature self-congratulations).

I never felt better than once before in my life when I followed a strict anti-hypoglycemic diet. Although not aspiring to that degree of diligence again (haven’t seen any gluten bread around here anyhow), I have been trying a "no-Whites" diet. Consider it food Apartheid,

No white: bread, rice, sugar etc. This also includes no refined sugar or corn syrup, none or minimal alcohol. Couldn't give up the caffeine, but it doesn't seem to be bothering me for now (caffeine stimulates the release of glycogen from muscle - a form of stored carbohydrate).

The goal has been to stabilize my glucose metabolism so that, among other benefits I reduce (eliminate??) my craving for sweets. As you may know, when you consume too many sweets - may be a hereditary element too - you "teach" your pancreas to release too much insulin, and metabolize glucose badly leading too many negative side-effects:

spikes and dips in blood sugar leading to cravings, dizziness, shakiness, mood swings, nausea - etc.

weight gain (fat tends to be stored around the middle too - can be part of so called "metabolic syndrome" including organ fat which is real bad for health)

Often a precursor of diabetes (I guess you all know there's an epidemic of Type II diabetes in the US including among kids).

And more.

Anyhow, I think I've got a handle on it - and those love handles are melting. Much less effort than if I had a constant craving for sweets too. I even have a 1/5 eaten bar of Belgium chocolate that's been just sitting there open for weeks...(OK true, I hid it in the basement, but I know RIGHT where it is).

Come to think of it, my sleep cycle seems to be self-regulating a bit too (along with some tinkering on my part using light and other applied tricks).

So, whereas I'm not going to speak numerically, things at my end include definite progress. (And consider this a pitch for eliminating sugar, corn syrup and foods with "high glycemic index"...Helps a lot). Of course, I will always be a recovering carbo-holic and I know it.

Recommend having (unsalted) almonds on hand. Also good for calcium needs. A dozen here and there helps keep the sugar stable. Finally I DID make myself count them though...They seemed to be disappearing too fast (about 20 to the ounce). Pity the price nearly doubled in the last six months.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I have the same issues, Amanda. I have to be very careful what I eat or my blood sugar just is all over the place. Watching Carbos really helps me and never allowing myself to get too hungry. I didn't eat enough before going riding this morning and I had holes in my vision - not good when you are on horseback. Fortunately, my friend had a peanut bar and that fixed me up.

posted Hide Post
Leaving

Posts: 42 | Registered: 21 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
88.7#

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
88.7#

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Went to a party Saturday night where there was home-cooked, good Mexican food. I didn't pig out, but it sure was yummy! I even made key-lime pie and couldn't resist having one small piece. But moderation is what it's all about, right?

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
94#!

Even with a weekend of travel and fattening foods! You're right teachum, moderation....It worked since I got to enjoy fair food with my son on Saturday and Bernard's spread with his drop dead yummy curry dip in NY on Sunday....

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post