well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
GREAT job, teachum! You look fabulous in those pics you just posted. Just so you all know, I got on the scale when I got back from vacation and I weighed 100. *sigh* Off to the gym...

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20485 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
We (PJ & I) kept hoping you would show up, Jodi. Thanks for the kudos.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I know, I tried - I really did. But I got out-voted. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Two days to go. Everyone make their goal? I need to lose four pounds in those two days. Maybe if you combined teachum and I, we both made it . . .

Posts: 10335 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Hmmm - I forgot there was a date component. Well I'm at 84# so I think I more than made mine. But I'm not done yet so I'll just keep plugging along.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding. I am a total non-loser. Although I have been getting a TON of exercise.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Teachum,

Maybe the seach engine would do it and maybe not, but what is this soup of which you speak? Could you please tell me where to look for the thread?

Also (this is totally OT) but what kind of gun do you have, why and where di you learn to use it??

Thirdly, doubly OT (if you like I can write you a super secret th Smiler read) any comments about the Aryan Nations retreat up for sale in Coeur d'Alene and that attack which led to the bancruptcy?

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
81#

SOUP - Basically I just take tomatoes and squish four or five of them up in a big soup pot, slice up sweet onions or leeks, or both, carrots, broccoli, green beans, etc. Any none starchy veggie. Just Cover them with water and cook them into soup. You can add more water if needed. I add some garlic for flavoring and any other spice that you like. I try to stay away from anything with a lot of sodium. So you end up with a tasty, non-fat, low-sodium veggie soup. I heat it up with a tablespoon of grated parmesan on top and eat anytime I want. If I want to make a more substantial meal of it I can throw in some grilled chicken or a few pieces of pasta and it's a whole meal.

RE_ Aryan Nations - We've practically forgotten about those jerks around here. Their presence has never been as big as the press would make it out. I've been here 13 years and have seen very little presence myself. Butler is dead and gone now. But, when we first came here to look for property I didn't want to come because all you ever read about in the papers was "White Supremacy". There are virtually no blacks here, or much diversity at all for that matter, but it's not because of them. It's a hard place to live. Work is scarce and low paying and the winters can be murder. But OTOH, it is very beautiful and the summers are wonderful.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm doing OK again. I've been getting some exercise, so all that carmel corn from the beach is finally starting to melt from my backside.

But the other big change is that I went back to what always seems to work: avoiding a large evening meal altogether. If I eat a big breakfast and a big late lunch, I won't be hungry by dinner. So why eat a sit-down dinner?

Yesterday's "dinner" consisted of nibbling on fruit while watching the U.S. Open.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
http://my.webmd.com/content/pages/1/3075_775.htm

Here's a site with lots of soup recipes.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Thank you, teachum!

Is this a site you have had experience with (or do the recipes resemble ones you have found "tried and true")? What would you say are the best tricks to making a low-fat soup tasty? What are the worst mistakes? (Besides burning something).

Speaking as someone who's planning an inquiry thread about how to fix what was a nice cast iron pot, I burnt something in. Sandblasting? I know how to do the initial treatment, but now...Was just wondering about making a big soup in it)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the recipes, Amanda. But they look pretty good. As to making lo-fat tasty, I would say using really juicy tomatoes, carrots and beans all seem to add nice flavor. Plus, non-sodium spices like thyme, mint basil. I'm the kind of cook who just throws things together and if the spice smells right I just throw it in. That's the way I learned to use spices. More later - gotta run. Company for dinner.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Celery and onions too. Both of those go a long way to improving the flavor of soup or stew. I would also add some low fat chicken broth, and just a touch of garlic.

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Have you found any low-sodium chicken broth, Jodi? I forgot about celery. Duh!!!

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I think we should just keep it going until we get where we want to be. No need to have a deadline.
I'm at 81#, but still have a *few* to go. How did I get where I was???? Yuck!