well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I think it's sad that we've been kicked out and relegated to an isolation room. I think *some* people just don't want to think about their health and welfare. Pooey on them! Fighting like hell to get rid of that last five - I just keep hitting a bottom that I can't seem to get below. ANyone know any tricks to get through?

75#

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Hey, I lost 15 pounds this month!

OK, I had a virus, and that clearly helped, but going to the gym every day had its effect, too.

No fair! I just spent two days as a guest of the "Spa Emerson" Roll Eyes . 11 hours in emergency, two days on an IV with NO FOOD and I gained 5 pounds.... WTF

Geez, you'd think for all the trouble they could have at least taken a few pounds off.

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
11 hours in emergency, two days on an IV with NO FOOD

Beelady - Did I miss something? Are you O.K?

Edit: I see your comments over in the "Boston Globe" now. Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
BeeLady that must have been some IV. What was in it?

jf

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
BeeLady that must have been some IV. What was in it?

jf

That's what I would like to know!

Doug, I am up and about again....Thanks for asking....

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sounds just awful, Beelady. Frowner

Hope you are fully recovered. HairRaising

PS I too have found IVs to be dismayingly fattening or at least weight inducing. Of all the boring ways to put it on! I guess the only worse one, would be a naso-pharygeal tube (which could contain actual food).

Depends a lot on how dehydrated you are to start.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Ah, but all that fluid from the IV comes off in a hurry afterwards! It's just water... and a little something.

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I blink, and suddenly this thread is up to 37 pages! HairRaising

I was gonna ask a question, but I got lost somewhere here and forgot what it was.

Oh well, I went for a walk today. One day at a time....

Posts: 18581 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Ah, but all that fluid from the IV comes off in a hurry afterwards! It's just water... and a little something.

Not to mention all that exercise running to the loo! Razzer

high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
I haven't read all 37 pages of this thread. Jumping in now just to say I joined Weight Watchers online on Monday. Right now I'm just trying to stay busy enough that I don't think about how hungry I am. I know this will pass.

Until that light headedness passes, I won't be doing much exercise -- I'm afraid it would trigger a sudden plunge in my blood sugar.

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Good for you, plays. My neighbor joined last year. It has made a huge difference for her, it's been the only thing that has worked. Best of luck to you!

I've been having a hard time in the calori department lately - I was doing so well over the holidays, but I've been overdoing the carbs big time lately. Frowner

Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't do any damage in Seattle last weekend with my two dinners out. I probably would have lost a little more this week if I had been ABLE TO EXERCISE. But I had blasted meetings and classes every single night after school and then last night we went to the symphony....wah, wah, wah! I'm finally down into the last place value change I need to go to. I have been eating cereal two meals a day and then dinner for the last week or so, and it seems to be suiting me.

74#

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
Good Lord, no wonder I was so miserable last week -- when I stepped on the scale today it told me I lost seven pounds!

Still a bit lightheaded, but pleased to also be seven pounds lighter.

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Plays, that's a lot in one week!

Go carefully; moderation is key. But congratulations!

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
You're right -- the only time I've ever lost that much weight in a week was when I was ill with meningitis and could eat nothing.

I am thinking the majority of that weight loss is fluid -- I was constantly running to the bathroom!