well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I nominate Cindy! Woot

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I managed to lose 6 lbs in 12 hours thanks to a combination of an 8 mile run last night and an 11 mile run this morning - both in high humidity with insufficient hydration.... I should regain the 6 lbs by tomorrow morning - but for a moment...

Saturday I ran 22 miles - Sunday and Monday had bike workouts - in addition to running.

real weight lost(not water loss): zip

K

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
I nominate Cindy! Woot

I second. Maybe we should have this vote before Cindy gets back?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
All in favor say "Aye".

Ooh - Doug - start a poll! Or maybe MarkB should do it since he came up with the idea!

I'm down to 85.8.#

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm down to 85.8.#

That's amazing. I am at maybe 94#. I can't imagine having lost over 14 pounds (like you have) in that same amount of time.

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
It hasn't been that hard actually. I've been at it since about the 3rd week in June, so it's not an overly large loss. Not large enough IMO, but I have to be patient.

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
If you want to eat all you want and still maintain that ideal weight, try moving. All that packing of your 24 boxes of books,17 boxes of LPs, 18 boxes of videos, and boxes of dinosaur bones and oceangraphic telegraph sets Eeker will burn the calories right off so you can maintain, but enjoy (and be tempted by Plays' tomato pie).

I had some hopes that all that work would get me back into that closet full of YSL, Armani, Dior, Cardin and Nino Cerruti suits and shirts (bought back in days when I *was* a clothes horse and bought only clothes that would last a "lifetime"). For years, I've hung onto that closet full of timeless classic lines and colors, laughingly calling them My Nuclear War Clothes--thinking that starvation would get me back into them and I'd be the best-dressed last man standing on Earth. But yesterday as I packed the closets, I tried on each and every one of that previously-unrealized huge number of suits. While I consider that I am at an ideal weight right now, I could not see getting one leg in those slacks, much less two. And the gap to button a jacket was reminiscent of Spencer Tracy in "Father of the Bride". So I finally resigned myself to *never* being that coltishly thin again, under *any* circumstances, and created a shoulder-high stack for donation. Perhaps that classic wardrobe will be just the ticket for some young starving poor man to get richer and fatter (but he'll have to find some shoes and ties because I just couldn't part with those).

In event of Nuclear War, I'll be that guy over there in the black tee shirt, khaki shorts and barefoot over there playing Gottschalk. And while I'm playing I'll be thinking, "To last a *lifetime*, clothes would have to be polyester and elastic". Blink Smokin'

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katie:
Hmmm...
A lot of work accomplished Rick. It sounds like you're 'cleaning house'. Perk up sweet pea. When the going gets tough ... the tough go shopping!! You owe it to yourself. Plus, you'll need a change of clothes sooner or later.
Smiler

Oh, I have about 50 identical pairs of khaki shorts and black tees. I can go two months without doing laundry. Leaving

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Hey - hey - hey, it's nice to hear your eloquence and loquacity again, Rick.

When we moved in here I swore I would never do it again. 450 boxes, plus everything else. We had movers move us, but we had to do all the packing, unpacking and sorting. It was the one time in my life I was extremely organized. I had to be. I had index cards listing what was in each box, or at least the kinds of contents, with a box number. It was the only way I could find everything afterwards or know if the box was to go the barn, shop or house. I'm still finding moving tags on things 13 years later.

85.4#

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
When we moved in here I swore I would never do it again. 450 boxes, plus everything else. We had movers move us, but we had to do all the packing, unpacking and sorting. It was the one time in my life I was extremely organized. I had to be. I had index cards listing what was in each box, or at least the kinds of contents, with a box number. It was the only way I could find everything afterwards or know if the box was to go the barn, shop or house. I'm still finding moving tags on things 13 years later...

I intended to be just as organized and coordinate box serial numbers with a contents list, but I just marked the boxes after a while. Most will be predictable and all library shelves of LPs, vidos and books will go back on shelves in order. But since Rick and Mother Nature abhor a vacuum, I've filled all those odd leftover voids in some boxes with things that don't belong in those boxes. So it'll be an adventure to find several odd things. I quit counting boxes when my box and tape bill exceeded the piano moving bill, but I have two large rooms floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall, with only an aisle to pass, but the boxes are stacked in an order to go into the truck (which I just got back from contracting) so that heavy ends up on bottom and light ends up on top, etc. I had some thoughts that I might move one more time in my life, but this adventure has pretty much sealed it for me that I will stay in the new house until my ashes no longer require real estate. It's been an interesting process, though. I discovered things I didn't even know I had. Like yet one more full set of china. Of course, within a minute of discovering a set I don't even remember buying sometime during the last quarter century, I broke a plate! I'm reading and posting today because I've run out of things to box and turned in all the digital cable equipment and there are still several days before the move. If I'd left out more than one plate, fork, spoon, knife, glass and small skillet, I could get into real trouble here in the "losers" bit for the next few days of loafing and eating that would likely ensue. Hmmm...candy bars! Blush

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick (CG):

I will stay in the new house until my ashes no longer require real estate. :

Pretty much the words I used after moving here....

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Wow, indeed. Nice work, Teachum!

I'm actually losing ground. Frowner

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Cindy - my *soup* has really helped me. I can eat it anytime and it's tasty and healthy. I actually didn't argue with them about getting on the scales today when I went to the doc!