well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
If that's true, they're optimistic. It's hard to believe those who have decided to sit out the election or not vote for one of the major candidates will change their minds, or that those who have decided to vote for Trump will change their minds, or those who are undecided will change their minds, in four months, when he's had four years.

Posts: 25195 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
In light of the Supreme Court's ruling that gives the president the immunity of a King, while creating a loophole that prevents any President they don't like from having that immunity, and therefore lays utterly bare the machinations of the fascists who are intent on owning the USA, I will vote the Democratic ticket even if they run a ham sandwich.

STOP your handwringing about Biden and ******* make sure everyone you know understands the peril we are in.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I see the vote as Trump-Yes or Trump-No

Posts: 9616 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see the vote as Trump-Yes or Trump-No

Agreed, regardless of who is on the Dem ticket.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I predicted months ago Biden wasn't going to win. I haven't seen anything that changes my mind.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I think I might back Andy Bershear.

Governor of Kentucky, has won in a deep red state twice. Age 46.Has restored voting rights to more felons in Kentucky history. Former Attorney General.

Re-elected in 2023, but is term limited.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
He is the 'right' demographic to pull the votes... Leaving

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7600 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I think I might back Andy Bershear.

Governor of Kentucky, has won in a deep red state twice. Age 46.Has restored voting rights to more felons in Kentucky history. Former Attorney General.

Re-elected in 2023, but is term limited.

Bashear has been a very good governor. I could vote for him.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
https://lithub.com/word-are-de...to-shape-the-future/

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
A little inside info …

The DNC has a plan if Biden will pull out.

He would release his delegates, and his money would go to DNC.

DNC would announce that people declare their candidacy by a certain date.

DNC would sponsor one or more televised events. Maybe debate, town hall, sit down interviews of the candidates.

Delegates would pick the nominee at open convention. Winner gets the money Biden has raised.

^^^^^^^
I love this plan. There would be no need for hard hitting questions at the beauty pageant, or whatever it will be. DNC could discourage potential candidates who should give it a rest. No Beto, no Mayor Pete.

We get a fresh new face, a big change. And things cannot possibly be worse than they are right now. I’ll take a shot in the dark over a guaranteed loss any day. ‘Cause Biden is on his way to being blown out.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
A little inside info …

I'm for it.

Polls being polls I try not to put too much faith in them, but the latest NYT/Siena College poll (taken since Thurs.) has Biden trailing at 43% vs Trump's 49%. Frightening.

I wrote my three representatives earlier this week to voice my dismay at where we're at. I got a response from my Senator only and she said that due to ethics rules they're not allowed to comment on campaigns. Oh well, at least they know how I feel.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I’d love to have someone I could vote for with a relatively clear conscience.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
+1

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't your conscience be clear if whoever you vote for keeps Trump out of the White House?

Harris can take over for Biden after he wins the election.

This particular election is not about electing the best candidate for the job. It's about saving the republic from fascism.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d love to have someone I could vote for with a relatively clear conscience.

Mik, what pique said. I will have a clear conscience if Trump loses this election.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post