well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Ah yes! Thank you - that would be a different piano, but check out the landing site!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7586 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I LOVED Northern Exposure. I still miss it! It was never the same after Joel left the show.

You'll be 10 years older 10 years from now no matter what...so go for it! Registered *Flaming Liberal* Piano - Estonia 190 in Satin Mahogany

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Yes, I miss it - but especially the magic of the first season or so. It's tough to maintain a show built on the premise of the "odd man out" for too long.

Does your tuner wear a vest to work? I'm sure there's a suit jacket out of sight somewhere...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7586 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Where do old piano parts go?

Ask this artist:

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The weekend bonus from Pleyel:

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Does your tuner wear a vest to work? I'm sure there's a suit jacket out of sight somewhere...

My piano tuner wears a suit jacket and tie, except at the very hottest times, when he comes without a jacket. I'm sure it's partly a cultural thing, since Japan tends to be more formal. He does sometimes take the jacket off, but I always imagine that he must find the "business attire" confining.

What do you wear when you go to tune?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18767 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
teachum
quote:
I LOVED Northern Exposure. I still miss it! It was never the same after Joel left the show.

I have a second cousin who starred on that show. I am embarrassed not to have seen it - I especially don't have cable. I wonder if it's available on video.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

My piano tuner wears a suit jacket and tie, except at the very hottest times, when he comes without a jacket.
What do you wear when you go to tune?

I'll admit to being pretty casual... Jeans and a button shirt - in cooler weather, I do have a sport coat that I wear. But in cold weather, the "poofy" warm coat comes out! I'm a fanatic about removing my shoes at the door. It's become such a habit that I find myself kicking off my shoes onstage for tunings if the theater is empty!

Anyone remember this movie?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Another painted piano - toy sized.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Look what I found today:

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
"Yes, I'm SURE I can deliver this piano anywhere!"

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've heard about these, but never seen one in action. Piano stair-climbing machine for movers...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
For the pianist confined to a padded cell...

I think we're gonna have to take that lava lamp away from him, though.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
That's great! When you're too exhausted or exasperated from practicing, you can let your head just fall into that cushion! Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13871 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
This mailbox in Australia only lasted through a few seasons before falling apart.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com