well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
At this point, as long as I'm seeing about a pound a week I'm fine with that.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
How about a December 1st Deadline? I would be just thrilled if I could lose 10 pounds by December 1st... I was so not a loser for the September deadline! Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. That's doable.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
I had not checked this post for several weeks for fear of where teachum might be at this point.

I was right. I shouldn't have looked. Leaving

Way to go, though! ThumbsUp

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. While I didn't make my goal, I came close enough to motivate me.

Besides, I am so busy working at my new job, I forget about eating! Should make the Dec. deadline and then some if things keep going as they are! Razzer

Maybe by Dec. 1 we'll have a low cal/carb Xmas cookie recipe thread going??? WhoMe

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Good idea, Bee Lady. Maybe Cindy can make a sticky thread for us to post helpful/healthful recipes on.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm huge. And very unhappy about it.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
You can do it, Cindy. Don't think about where you are right now, just start a program and watch it start to come off. I was really bummed about where I was starting from in June, but before you know it...... Trying to give you some encouragement here. Group Hug

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Fortunately we're entering a period of great weather for exercise, so I'll be back on the horse soon enough. Hopefully.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
You have a horse? Is it a gelding? Just kidding, Cindy. Big Grin

Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
I am now on a regular exercise schedule (a gym opened in the building I work in, so I go over lunch hour), but no weight loss yet. I obviously need to cut down on what I eat too, but I like food. Will post more later.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
I am now on a regular exercise schedule (a gym opened in the building I work in, so I go over lunch hour), but no weight loss yet. I obviously need to cut down on what I eat too, but I like food. Will post more later.

Cut out the schmaltz, Jeffrey (as revolting a kitchen iongredient as lard) and all will be well!
Still reeling at your comments about it earlier. Not to mention -- gefilte fish. Thinking of it without horseradish is enough to, to.... Barf

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Amanda - Um, I think your sarcasm detector is out tune. If you have it checked out, all will be fine. Smiler

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
Amanda - Um, I think your sarcasm detector is out tune. If you have it checked out, all will be fine. Smiler

Sometimes I entertain myself by predicting what a given poster is going to say on a particular topic before I read it. When I saw your name on this one, I expected something along the lines of your feelings about circumcision if not more so. Second only perhaps to being asked your opinion on the really sweet Manischevitz.

Imagine my surprise when...

I think one of the problems is, you don't often use sarcasm, Jeffrey. And besides, I figured there had to be SOMETHING Jewish about you - perhaps this was where it all began. Mameloschen - only literally the tastebuds.

(Somebody buys that stuff, FGS! My older son actually likes it, in fact. I have it on good authority that RickCG likes brussels sprouts, for that matter.).

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
And as far as quick short cuts to weight loss, I guess you'll just have to lay off the sauce bearnaise, brie and foie gras!