well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Pete's record as Secretary of Transportation

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I don't care a fig about Pete being gay. He has a mediocre record as the mayor of a small city and a worse record as SECTRANS.

He's a sharp guy, but perhaps out of his depth at the moment.

What's your measure of the effectiveness of a SoT? And why do you conclude that Pete Buttigieg is worse than mediocre?

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Ok Joe, now that you can focus on a strong finish, how about packing the court?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think Buttigieg should've been picked as the head of the DNC when he ran years ago.

His ability to generate clear, decisive and strong talking points is something the DNC needed, and still needs.

If I could point the blame anywhere, I place it with the DNC, who apparently had no plan B even though Biden was 79 when he took office. IMO, they should've held his feet to the fire and said he needed to honor his 1 term commitment, and spent his time and theirs in developing strong candidates. There are many in the Dem party, but the DNC was in la la land.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Nina.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mik.

Posts: 25287 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don’t think there was a conspiracy. I also wouldn’t call it a conspiracy. I would call it a campaign.

Biden is probably fine on the job. You hire good people, and they will make you look good. Campaigns often cover up everything that makes the candidate look bad.

But his day job doesn’t require him to speak off the cuff, and he has never been good at it. The debate exposed it.

I mean, we’ve all been chuckling or cringing as he toppled off a bike or fell up stairs.

We turned on Biden because we saw he had no chance of pulling out of the death spiral. Me, I’m delighted with the Dems second chance.

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't be accused of being too nice to Biden.

He presents the persona of a regular working class Joe but it's a false one.

He shut down the railroad strike. He doesn't care about labor.

He hasn't done much about the crumbling US infrastructure, but he's sent untold billions to Israel for its genocide, and to Ukraine for its proxy war.

He's on tape as a younger man bragging about being told he wasn't old enough and to come back later to the people with money and power so he could do their bidding.

He started the prison industrial complex wrecking havoc on the Black community. His speech in in the Senate on this topic is notorious.

He lied blatantly to obstensibly justify his decision to vote to invade Iraq while ignoring the expert testimony of Scott Ritter, the UN weapons inspector, who testified there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and moreover maligned his character in a belligerent, condescending manner

The US has worse economic conditions for a vast section of the population of all ages than it did four years ago, and the world is a more dangerous place than it was such a short time ago.

The Biden administration enviseated Medicaid,Truman's project, put into place by JBJ, after the pandemic, with staggering numbers of all age groups from children to the elderly, losing the health insurance. These are some of the most vulnerable people in the country.

A vast majority of these people lost their health insurance for "procedural reasons." This represents 10's of millions of people living in every state.

There in excuse for Biden, a Democrat, to have known this was happening and to have done nothing about it. He knew or should have known about this topic, and did nothing to address it in any serious way.

Mass incarceration of Black people was his brain child, based on race hysteria and drug propaganda. His speech in the Senate introducing this bill is notorious.

Biden's involvement with the Gaza genocide is a stain on his reputation that can never be erased from history.

His decision to run the first time, let alone now, has made the US a poorer nation today than it would have been otherwise, and his performance on the would stage has been a series of disasters, making the US and the world both less safe.

He was telling audiences day before the shooting Trump was an existential threat to the soul of America. Days later he gave a speech from the Oval Office saying we're all in this together and need to turn down the political rhetoric.

Enough.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the repetitive paragraphs. The error is mine as much I'd like to blame the software).

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
@Daniel Is that all ya got?

You failed to mention that Biden was instrumental in changing the bankruptcy code, which locked people into student loans and medical and other debt but let corporations continue to declare bankruptcy at will.

This allowed the big banks to lure people into getting in over their heads. Then the banks charged outrageous fees and interest so folks can never dig out.

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
@Cindy

No, there's more.

His allegedly illicit dealings with his son involving Ukraine. I don't know but do know he didn't get rich from his salary.

His absurd and absurdly repitious plagiarism lasting decades.

The fact that Jill Biden was the baby sitter. Oops.

The fact that his daughter wrote a book saying they showered together.

The creepy, sexual way he touches women and children, the crude remarks he makes when doing it, and pièce de résistance, smelling said women and children in public.

Other than the above, he's a great guy.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The left always carps about every single Democratic candidate, because they aren't radical enough to satisfy the left. So they carp about everything they don't agree with, and then use that as an excuse to say "a pox on both your houses!" and sit out the election.

That's what gave us a conservative Supreme Court.

Until the left decides that half a loaf is better than several decades of no loaves, and that incremental progress is better than a massive rollback in rights, this is where we'll end up.

Whatever you think of Joe Biden, Biden and Trump are not even in same category. Harris and Trump are not in the same category.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist ...

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don’t care who you are, that’s funny.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13649 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post