well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden needs to step aside
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden needs to step aside
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13883 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I don’t care who you are, that’s funny.

Yes

Posts: 12756 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
My daughter said it insulted Donald Duck.

She is interestingly much more interested in politics than in prior years.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13642 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Couldn't resist ...

quote:
Presidential historian Allan Lichtman took a verbal jab at former President Donald Trump on Friday, mocking the Republican nominee for his apparent reluctance to debate Vice President Kamala Harris.

Lichtman, often dubbed the "Nostradamus" of U.S. presidential elections given his track record of accurately predicting the result, said on X (formerly Twitter) that "tough guy" Trump was "trying to duck out" of a potential debate after Trump's campaign team said he would not commit to taking part. Trump had previously agreed to two debates with President Joe Biden, including the one on June 27 that many commentators believe was the beginning of the end of Biden's re-election campaign.

In his post, Lichtman appeared to take a leaf out of Trump's book by giving the former president a nickname: "Donald Duck."

https://www.newsweek.com/donal...lan-lichtman-1931373

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12756 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://amp.theguardian.com/us...a-harris-speculation

Kentucky Governor clears schedule, fuels speculation.

Interesting.

I just don't think the other guy with the affect of a robot would help. Jmho.

Posts: 25187 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/...tes-tour-2024-08-05/

She looks like the cat who got the cream. This is someone who can sometimes speak coherently with a teleprompter and didn't win a single delegate.

I don't know who these two people are but their only job is to augment her. Imho, the Democratic Party had put itself in a pretty awful position.

I was joking in the other thread about Biden being incapacitated or dead, but you'd think his "I'm not running" letter could have been an actual letter with a Presidential Seal and actual signature instead of a fax posted on the internet.

She's Indian and Caucasian. She should stop trying to sound Black. It's very pandering and farcical.

I never have thought she should use the "win a battleground state" rule with her VP pick.

I can see the argument for mitigating damage but I can't see a path to her winning.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
She's Indian and Caucasian. She should stop trying to sound Black. It's very pandering and farcical.

You do realize that Kamala's father is Jamaican, right?

If you are using "Caucasian" to mean white, you are incorrect. Also, "Caucasian" in an anthropological sense is obsolete.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-ch...s-birth-certificate/

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"Kamala Harris is of Jamaican descent on her paternal side and of Indian descent on her maternal side." Wikipedia

She was the first Indian Senator and switched her identity to "African American" when she ran for President. Her Southern accent is as fake as a three dollar.

She got her start in politics in California by sleeping with Willie Brown who is married.

Do you think I'm the only who notices these things?

She can put her identity politics and shape shifting pandering where the sun doesn't shine.

Politicians must earn votes. What has she done to earn mine?

Not one damn thing.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm curious - who has earned your vote? Trump or RFK Jr? Maybe there are other candidates on the ballot in your state. I'm not up to speed on that...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Don't assume.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
???

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Just a few quotes.

“What I suggest we do as African American is own this issue in law enforcement and then define it in the way that works for us because it is a myth, to say that African Americans don’t want law enforcement.” --Kamala Harris, 2006

“When we think about women holding elected office and what is the significance of it, you know, it's not because we are trying to makes these milestones in terms of the ‘first of’, and, you know, in fact when I was first elected district attorney of San Francisco, I was the first woman elected, first African American woman elected, and Asian American elected in the state as a district attorney...” -- Kamala Harris, 2012

“She [her mother] had two black babies, and she raised them to be two black women.”, -- Kamala Harris, 2016

The only people I've known--up to now--to say that Kamala switched to "Black" from "Indian" is Trump and his cronies.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
wtg, Why do you assume someone has earned my vote?