well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

In my front yard. Picture taken with my iPhone5.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! Looks like Sarah Bernhardt. Mine are just in bud stage (with ants!)

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
Saw this yesterday.

Being a Gershwin lover, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Pretty flower!

Rick - what theater is that?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Rick - what theater is that?

The Ahmanson in the LA Music Center. Took my mother there -- it was her Mother's Day gift.

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The local elm trees have soooo many seeds this year! Lots fallen and plenty more still up there. I've never this many before!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
The local elm trees have soooo many seeds this year! Lots fallen and plenty more still up there. I've never this many before!

They look like oatmeal!

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I chased the sunset yesterday. It wasn't an original idea.

But we all got our pictures!

Sunset at Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, OR

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! And they match our decor!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today after dropping Shorty off at his SAT's and still having time before the local library book sale, I took a good long run.

I ran past this home, another landmark right down the street from Louisa May Alcott's house.

Can you guess who it belonged to without googling?

One hint..Thanks to the man who lived here and George Washington Carver, many school children in America eat their favorite lunch. Big Grin

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
I love Town Day:

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Can you guess who it belonged to without googling?

One hint..Thanks to the man who lived here and George Washington Carver, many school children in America eat their favorite lunch. Big Grin

My first guess was J. M. Smucker, but a quick check at the Smucker website revealed him to be an Ohioan, which I had suspected since the company headquarters is in Orrville, Ohio.

My second guess was Thomas Bramwell Welch, the grape juice man. Reading his Wiki revealed him to be an Englishman who became a New Yorker when brought there by his emigrant father.

However, thinking about grape jelly led me to the developer of the Concord grape, Ephraim Wales Bull. Given his Massachusetts roots, I'm guessing that what we're looking at is his house. If it is, it looks better than it did in this picture I found...

Here is a plaque memorializing his contribution to viticulture...

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7420 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Big Al, Ding, Ding, Ding!

It was restored last year and put on the market for over a million.

Yankee Magazine article of the Bull house listing

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Sigh...Our office is being rehabbed, down to the studs..So several depts have moved to the vacant office across the hall for our temporary digs for the next 6 months. Ick.

I moved today as my work load on Fridays is light, Monday not so much...By Tuesday I will be joined by about a dozen more folks filling in the plastic tables and offices just off to the left. WhoMe

My group followed me like puppies as they watched me set up my computer and hook it back up. I have now been asked to help them move as they are convinced they do not know how to plug all the cables in...sigh.

MillCityGrows.org

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The cable with the green dot goes to the jack with the green dot. Purple to purple. It's like Garanimals! The cable from your monitor goes to the jack with the picture of the monitor. Sheesh.

Back in my day, you practically needed a PhD to hook up a computer.

Sheesh.

Charge 'em by the hour.

BTW, your back will be much happier if you put your keyboard and mouse on the table. Four inches above your knees would be good.

Who designed those chairs? FLW?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post