well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
This is just a quirky location I see on my runs near my folks house.

Rooflines - we haz 'em. ThumbsUp

Nope...Check out the street name. Big Grin

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh! Big Grin

(Still digging the rooflines)

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post

Robin Egg Blue by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

On a beam under the deck.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
No - we were at America's Family Pet Expo, which we attend every year.

The kangaroo was in a petting zoo area and I can't tell you why they had him in that bag. He didn't seem to mind it, but later that day they had him hopping around the enclosure with the rest of the animals.

Oh, I LOVE those kinds of places - especially when they're permanent.

I'll never stop mourning closure of "The Friendly Farm" a few miles from here. They had (among much else) wonderful baby mini goats, llamas, beautiful Guernsey calves, an orphaned fawn one year - they were nailed for that by the Wildlife Commission Mad, amazing collection of prize farm fowl and a HUGE herd of all-wild bunnies, as only wild bunnies can get to be in number. (But still all pettable). One after the other, a few human babies joined the menagerie - one of the gang.

If only I could find the photo of my older son and his best friend, both seven, their windbreakers FULL of bunnie bumps - many soft heads peeking out.

The hard-working farmer and wife, finally gave up, couldn't make a go of it. Meanwhile, though, they made for the happiest childhood memories of both my sons.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
A downy woodpecker...

Downy Woodpecker by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

And a screech owl...

Sleepy by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Designer Dirt!

Will someone please explain to me why it costs this much? At Home Depot?

$10+ per cubic foot? HairRaising

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:

Robin Egg Blue by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

On a beam under the deck.

Fab. Saw a robin's egg on the sidewalk the other day, under the street tree in our front yard. It was so blue, I thought it was a toy or something.

I forgot to take a picture.

Today it was broken. Frowner

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw this beautifully restored house trailer on the freeway. Lousy phone camera photo through a dirty windshield but I can tell it looked like it just rolled off the line. It even has the period-correct yellow and black license plate! ThumbsUp

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
1950 Westcraft Coronado Trolley Top.

Google Westcraft Trailers.

http://image.rvmagonline.com/f...tcraft-and-truck.jpg

http://www.vintagetrailercamp.com/images/10316.jpg

http://www.vintagetrailercamp....6/IMG_0572.sized.jpg

http://www.vintagetrailercamp....y/album30/Doheny_021

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow - how did you know that?

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Educated googling. The trolley top is distinctive, no? I initially thought it was a Vagabond, but couldn't find one that looked quite like your pic.

I wonder if those scalloped wheels are original.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Well, it was last night - going over notes before the audience was scheduled to arrive... 2 nights of concerts with the Spirito Singers - an educational choir with a focus on sacred music. Think of it as "club team choir" for 5th grade through high school girls that draws from a number of surrounding communities. The men's component was included to allow for full choir pieces, but has grown to have an equal number of pieces on our own. I joined last year as the group is transforming from "just a bunch of the dads" of the girls to drawing in former college singers with more musical training. Such a joy to have higher level rehearsing and performance back in my life! www.spiritosingers.org

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post

I use the word "today" loosely. As in, some time this week. . .

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

Well, it was last night - going over notes before the audience was scheduled to arrive... 2 nights of concerts with the Spirito Singers - an educational choir with a focus on sacred music. Think of it as "club team choir" for 5th grade through high school girls that draws from a number of surrounding communities. The men's component was included to allow for full choir pieces, but has grown to have an equal number of pieces on our own. I joined last year as the group is transforming from "just a bunch of the dads" of the girls to drawing in former college singers with more musical training. Such a joy to have higher level rehearsing and performance back in my life! www.spiritosingers.org

That's wonderful.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Not sure I wanted to see this - cleaning from left to right for a new school client...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post