well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Magical Christmas Piano

*Traditional Christmas music (12 tunes)
*Dancing snowmen
*Movement keyboard

Don't you like the little baby that comes with it!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lilylady, re. the Duo Scarbo, aren't they great for style and panash! Even their Logo has a clever 2-pianos in the 'S' design!

As for sitting on the pianos, it's a photographic coup!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Brian, are you aware that Elena (of Duo Scarbo) is an active member here?

Several of us went to NYC for their opening at Carnegie Hall, gathered for dinner beforehand and then had a party/gathering at JonNYC's the next day. 07

Might be in the archives of whose who section.

And Bernard's music box was the first that I had seen like that. Not sure how it works other than the ticker tape went in and he cranked it. I want one!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
...continuing the holiday theme...

From...

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30040 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
A Taffeta Christmas

By Rick Lewis, from 2006 production at Decker Theatre, Clark College

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Piano is up front there if you look hard...

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

I'll try to get a better pic this year. Got this from my aunt when I was 12!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Trees and Pianos seem to go together!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll try to get a better pic this year. Got this from my aunt when I was 12!

You've been in the game a while! Keep clickn' and posting!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here's the piano that Ross Bagdasarian (David Seville) used to compose "The Christmas Song" (aka "Christmas Don't be Late") for the Chipmunks:

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Adolphe ADAM - Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night)

This carol was written by Adolphe Charles Adam (1803-1856), the French composer best known for his ballet "Giselle." At the time, it was frowned upon by church authorities who denounced it for lack of musical taste and "total absence of the spirit of religion."
Adolphe Adam wrote the music in just a few days, and the work premiered at the midnight mass of Placide's village church in 1847.

Here you can watch Liberace and his brother George on his 1950'S Television show playing O Holy night

YouTube - Liberace Playing Oh Holy Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjcBjsVYcQ8

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Horowitz at the piano, 1940s

After a few moments the house lights on the top tier of Carnegie Hall began to flicker. Tier by tier, the lights flickered and went out until the entire hall was in darkness except for the side sconces of the orchestra that retained a dim glow. Mrs. Negro turned to her daughters to remark that this dramatic lighting effect was carrying atmosphere to an extreme. Just then the lights on stage went out and all of Carnegie Hall was plunged into utter blackness. Vladimir Horowitz continued to play, never missing a note. A stagehand suddenly appeared with a flashlight which he held over the keyboard until the end of the piece. Then the house manager came on stage to announce that Carnegie Hall had suffered a power outage. Mr. Horowitz declared that he did not mind playing in the dark if the audience did not mind listening in the dark. So, a stage hand returned, this time with a candelabrum which he placed on the piano, a la Liberace. Mr. Horowitz played on.

More interesting Horowitz stories: http://ptg.org/pipermail/piano...December/017092.html

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
It's a Doll's House Christmas

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Miracle In A Box/a piano reborn
Great story and one way to win a Grand Piano! DVD just released:
http://www.miracleinabox.com/home.html