well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Just for you Lilylady!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lilylady, is that right - The earth laughs in flowers...

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ready for "Piano Drop Day" at MIT.

Drop action, if you will:

Paging Mr. Jim.... Mr. Crazy Jim...

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The YEARLY! MIT madness

Oh woe is the world
that some git or erstwhile MIT
Hold your head in shame
that turns a piano
to something aeronauctical
like a plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbFhNOabqQ

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Concert Hands Teaches Piano with Wrist Straps and Electrical Zaps

I have a theory that this might work... save me years of hard work!!!!

The Concert Hands system teaches you piano (or keyboard) using a 10-finger feedback system that gently pulses when you should play, coupled with an automated wrist pilot that guides you across octaves.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKCygoZ6oo

Other pics: http://concerthands.com/

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Just for you Lilylady!

HA!

I actually have this one. It is about 10ft from me as I write! Mom started me on a collection of piano miniatures when I was about 12. She died when I was about 22 so I especially cherish them all.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Olympics?!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The 'stack' with its new tubes. Pianola overhaul

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Maldives piano
Revealed secret: The Earth is a piano!!

See the really large size:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/h.../2937353025/sizes/l/

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Caption just reads 'Doheny family piano'
Looks like an Indian scene painting
Large size:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/j.../3456879588/sizes/l/

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Deco-Dence - - Artist Sue Pirtle + Marble Granite Furniture
Magnificent Piano console in absolute black granite with white granite keys
Priced at $4,200.00

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
Boy, you really come up with some unique pics to share!

I'd love to arrange a huge world trip and catalogue the pianos and stories to the full extent and publish the whole lot as a book, DVD and website, but seriously it would cost a bit, but it is an accident waiting to happen, just $$ preventing it:-)

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Vera Lynn played the piano to her daughter Virginia in her London flat in 1948.
Seventy years after she first stepped into a recording studio, Lynn, 92, is at the top of Britain’s album chart. (Matthew Fearn/ AP/ Pool)

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:

I'd love to arrange a huge world trip and catalogue the pianos and stories to the full extent and publish the whole lot as a book, DVD and website, but seriously it would cost a bit, but it is an accident waiting to happen, just $$ preventing it:-)

What a great project that would be!

I always thought that just gathering pics and interviews of the current piano mfgs would be a nice presentation and catalog for the future.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post