well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Three Little Pigs
Can't say I have seen a brick piano before, but then again I have never searched for one and the world is a big place! I did just post a granite piano...

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
So there are some brick pianos after all...

This is a well known top-end brick piano

Then there is the run-of-the-mill everyday brick piano

This brick piano is for those than cannot easily afford one in their home...

This piano is in the process of converting to a brick piano!

This hapless pianist has taken the extreme measure of attaching his piano to a brick...

For dreamers, those that peer into shop windows with reflection about what they might have had, or have.

The Chattanooga street furniture is my favorite:
http://www.masonrymagazine.com...6/redevelopment.html

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Piano and Harpsichord played with an Organ

The Devtronix midi record/play system lives in the console. The relay incorporates midi interface cards which are activated by "piano" stop tabs to play a 7'-6" Yamaha DC7F Disklavier grand piano (whose volume can be controlled by the swell pedals). A 7' harpsichord (8' & 4' stops) with electric action I built is playable from all manuals.
http://www.theatreorgans.com/nc/raleigh/index.htm

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, this is a glass Piano Foot

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Pool at Disney HongKong Hollywood Hotel
The whimsical piano-shaped pool, complete with keys, in the center of the garden will feature a waterslide built into a rock where several “Hidden Mickeys” will inspire young “on the lookout” guests. Next to the pool, a whirlpool will relax and rejuvenate guests. “

Better size: http://farm3.static.flickr.com...153_cc6bbf1465_o.jpg

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Sound Sculpture – Inside The 100 Foot Piano
Sound and Visual artist An-Ting Chung has created her third sound exhibition. Sponsored in part by the National Culture and Arts Foundation in Taiwan, this one is a sound sculpture entitled Inside The 100 Foot Piano. Here she has the piano’s 88 notes represented by 88 loudspeakers arranged in an acoustical landscape whose perimeter is over 280 feet, hence the exhibition’s title. Ms. Chung’s strategic positioning of the loudspeakers, and placement of the audience inside this sound-field result in a three dimensional listening experience in which music comes alive as never before, where each note seems to ‘glow’ with life, and the ensemble of notes as a whole seem to journey through a panorama of space. It is simply an unbelievable listening experience, way beyond surround sound.

The music source in this exhibition is a high definition digital audio recreation of the famous 1955 recording of pianist Glenn Gould’s performance of Bach’s Goldberg Variations, made possible with software developed by Zenph Studios technology.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lady at the Piano
Credit: Lady at the Piano, Farquharson, Joseph (1846-1935) / Roy Miles Fine Paintings / The Bridgeman Art Library

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 100 Foot Piano

Well, this intriqued me, especially not understanding what the 100 ft meant when it is 88 speaker stations.

I read further...this from the artist herself.

"In a concert piano the strings representing notes are spaced less than one inch apart. In my exhibition they are spaced six feet apart, with each piano note assigned to its own speaker, and all speakers arrayed in a 60 foot by 50 foot matrix honeycomb centered in the 80 foot by 60 foot Legacy studio A-509. This configuration and the superb acoustics of A-509 allow me to tune each individual speaker for an optimal reproduction of the note assigned to it, the outcome of which process gives rise to each note clearly and somewhat mystically occupying its own space in this vast sculpture, yet collectively the notes of the composition form motion in time throughout the space

As Mr. Gould’s fingers dance across triplets, the music too seems to dance through the room and the audience. It is truly a listening experience never before heard...."

So, I wonder where one stands?
How many in a room at one time, and if that would effect the production/listening aspects.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lilylady:-)

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaw...

thank you!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Nottingham Riverside Festival August 2009
I saw this crazy nun on a motorised piano playing church music in the distance getting louder as he appeared. Made me cry with laughter this was hilarious.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Interesting desk on this artcase Knabe

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Black Cat
Can anyone read the piano brand?

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
International Chopin & Friends Festival
Painting by Ismena Halkiewicz
Crikey, the painter (or is it the pianist...) got a bit carried away here don't you think?

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Sigh... Vangelis, Photoshop and the Eiffel tower.