well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Have Piano, Will Travel - Oriental Parade, Wellington circa 1950

The pianos probably served as ballast to hold this small vehicle to the road in the strong westerly winds that Wellington is famous for.

http://thenewzealandjournal.bl...oriental-parade.html

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Brown's Pianos Wisconsin 1921

There's a Victrola on the back.

One man delivery?

Please Credit: Wisconsin Historical Society.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Here's one for OT

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Salvaged Piano Keys

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
Here's one for OT

No Piano Truck Left Behind That could be NPLB2!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Hey, I can post this here, too!

Some of you may remember one of the pianos I rescued from the landfill, a 1923 Chickering 6 foot grand. In the photo below, it's the lighter brown piano in the background:

Here's another view as we were preparing to refinish it, showing how ugly and beat-up the case was:

These photos were taken today. We're nearly finished with it, and hope to deliver it to its recipients this weekend.

(A little camera schmutz on the last photo.

The piano had been rebuilt previously, so the instrument was in great condition.

Here is the lid and music desk, waiting to be assembled. The piano had no music desk at all when I got it, so my friend copied the style of the music desk shelf on my 1925 Chickering Ampico, then traced a desk from a 19th century Steinway(sitting on the piano in the 2nd photo). It's also going to have a Steinway-style lid prop.

Oh yeah, here's the pedal lyre, completely assembled. I wish I had photographed it before; it had a big chunk of wood missing from the side of the hole for the sustain pedal. Those are the original solid brass pedals.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greeb
posted Hide Post
Nice. A life saved.

Posts: 46 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
We are nearly finished! Here is the piano assembled with the lid missing, and our custom, handmade music desk in the second photo.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
OT - I take it a woodgrain finish would have been very cost prohibitive given the condition?

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
PHOENIX 212, Regal Classical)
These pianos incorpoate the now well-established bridge agraffe system, carbon fibre soundboards and carbon fibre composite action.
A PIANO OF EXTRAORDINARY PROVENANCE AND QUALITY: This is a piano of unique provenance because it was selected to be played at the reception given by the Queen to Foreign Royalty, Heads of State, and Ambassadors, on the occasion of the marriage of her grandson Prince William to Catherine Middleton.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Priceless repost:-)

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
The Chickering is finished, sitting in the owner's home, freshly tuned.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Wonderful OT

They must be so happy!

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I have so many old piano pics to share from the European trip but need to spend some time cropping them.

I can't wait to share.

Several museums of old instruments were toured. Way, way, way, too much overload.

But while there, how could one resist visiting?

I left some to take pics and view other exhibits but have enough photos to last the season!

Will share.