well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
CD Cover:
The name of the single translates roughly as "I heard about you"
Although I wonder, perhaps a little more than just a rainy day on this chaps mind:-)

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Artist's Comments:
this is my art group's body sculpture
can you guess what it is?
i sure as hell hope so!
the art class had some trouble with that.
it took them untill the music started playing untill they realized it!
idiots.
i'm the pianist by the way

[o, and for you shortbus ppl, we are a piano]

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Subversive talking point of the Lounge no doubt...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Laurel and Hardy trying to decide how to shift a piano, also some UK piano movers actually trying to shift a 9'6" - Bösendorfer Imperial. If you look at the first picture in the sequence; add a little imagination, and it is easy to see how this horrendous accident could happen. Must be some moral to the story here... Maybe it is "employ Laurel and Hardy."

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Attribution to Clementi - circa 1800 Serial #529

A Cabinet Pianoforte attributed to Clementi. This tall style piano was in a form to give it a larger and longer stringing for more sound. This particular one is fully covered with high quality inlays of different fruit woods. Very Unique Cabinet Piano from this period.

He was also a virtuoso pianist, a prolific composer and piano manufacturer!!
It may have been posted before, but it is such a beauty I could look at it all day!

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous cabinetry.

As if the piano was REALLY an important piece to own.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
Gorgeous cabinetry.

As if the piano was REALLY an important piece to own.

Exactly - I wonder what it would cost, let alone find a craftsman capable, to do all that inlay work on my piano... besides these amazing pianos there are the astounding minds behind their conception!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The 1810 Clementi piano at the Jane Austen House Museum at Chawton

"...while the cottage was quiet, however, for an hour beforehand (breakfast), Jane played the piano just for herself. There are eight volumes of music at Chawton. Three are handwritten, two of these definitely in the hand of Jane Austen."

More interesting story here:
http://www.livingliterature.co.uk/jane-austen.htm

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/museu...ne-austens-alton.htm

http://www.lindafranz.com/gallery.php?galleryId=1

http://www.jasa.net.au/l&t/piano.htm

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The People Piano

THE GABE DIXON BAND: Till You're Gone
A music video for The Gabe Dixon Band's song "Till You're Gone" from their self-titled album. Tony and Paul (of Tony vs. Paul fame) directed this video featuring a thirty-person stop-motion animated human piano! I was in charge of acquiring and organizing all 50+ total extras we had for the day. I also took it upon myself to map out every individual piano arrangement for the entire song and then editing the piano animation in post. I have to say I'm quite proud of the result, and the extras were fantastic; we couldn't have cast a better piano

http://www.vimeo.com/1602848

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Original 1936 Art Deco 'Steck' piano , by appointment to the Royal Family - Serial number 813312
Finished in a rich golden burl Walnut veneer which boasts a striking patina and wonderful heavy figuring that is complimented by a 3½ inch band of Rosewood running its length and sides of its base, with a second ½ inch band inlaid into the outside Key lid.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Exhibition French rosewood and floral marquetry decorated piano. Adorned with gilded bronze winged maidens

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Circa 1900 Toy Piano. German or oriental manufacture.
Decorated in lithographs of musical and floral motifs. Height 7.5 cm Width 33 cm Diameter 14.5 cm

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Exhibition French rosewood and floral marquetry decorated piano. Adorned with gilded bronze winged maidens

Zorba can have that other crate, this one's mine!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Martha Cook’s piano: A grand tale

The piano in Martha Cook Residence Hall was meant to be seen as well as heard. And so it has for the past 87 years. The Model A Steinway is no longer made in the United States, and the instrument’s case is one of a kind—a piece of art in itself designed by a New York maker of crystal and fine furniture.

Constructed of Italian walnut with rosewood and mahogany inlays, the piano was commissioned in 1913 by William Cook, benefactor of the Law School and Martha Cook Residence Hall. With an original cost of about $1,500 for a “plain” grand piano plus $350 for the intricate design work, the instrument today is worth between $150,000 and $200,000, says Robert Grijalva, director of keyboard maintenance at the University.

Read the story here: http://www.ur.umich.edu/9900/Mar27_00/6.htm

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
A Victorian Mahogany Piano Top Davenport

I know it is not a piano, we're just pushing the limits, but it is piano-like :-)

"The brass gallery edged pop up stationery compartment above a hinged top opening to a tooled leather inset fitted writing surface, the base with four drawers and four opposing sham drawers, foliate carved scrolling supports raised on squat bun feet."