well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Santa's Magic Piano The Elves feet stamp out a tune.
This lovely toy came from the New York Toy Fair around 1995. You place the little piano - it is an Elfway by the way - onto the keys of a normal piano, and when you switch the little piano on, the little feet at the bottom press down on the piano keys, and stamp out a tune.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Kwon Bo-Young Album Cover

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Amy Brown - Piano Fountain

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
A few Piano legs in conversation...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano Dreams? Staircase to Piano heaven?

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Steinmayer 15' Grand Piano in the Great Hall of the People in China
But it falls well short of the Alexander 18'10" piano built by Adrian Mann in New Zealand...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano Architecture
To fit the styling of the Royal Ontario Museum, if you see pics of the museum you will see the likeness... I don't know if the piano project is completed - has anyone seen it yet?

Rendering by Studio Daniel Libeskind

Three 16-foot-long (five-metre) specialty models will be made, as well as a small number of seven-foot (two-metre) grands based on the same design.

Libeskind designed only the exterior case; the interior works will be essentially the same as in a normal grand.

“It’s a piano to be played, but also to be admired as a piece of architecture,” Lowrey said.

more backstory:

http://www.happyhotelier.com/2...e-rom-and-the-piano/

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Another pic of the Alexander Piano 18'10" built by Adrian Mann in New Zealand
Let's just say this is the real BIG DAD. I have a Bösendorfer Imperial Grand Piano - you fit two of these in BIG DAD...

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
An interesting "extra"

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilylady:
An interesting "extra"
----
That is an extra I wouldn't mind myself for my piano. I use the laptop to play the other part of the Rachmaninoff 2-piano Romance I am learning.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Now everyone can make their own Grand Piano

Follow this link for full instructions:
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2023/grand-piano/

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
© Cartier Archives. A black enamel cigarette case designed as a miniature of a Steinway & Son "D" concert grand piano, commissioned by Mr. Steinway in 1937.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
© Cartier Archives. A black enamel cigarette case designed as a miniature of a Steinway & Son "D" concert grand piano, commissioned by Mr. Steinway in 1937.

A very interesting item from the time. Thank Goddess the "Cigarette Culture" is largely gone. Now "we as a team" just need to rid ourselves of the remaining "Booze Culture" which is enabling the "Drug Culture" - a "gateway drug" if you will.

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Booze Piano
Usually a piano full of booze would surprise me, but after walking along the streets of Amsterdam on Queen’s Day, it was not unexpected. On the walk over to our boat, we passed the usual scenes of this national day of togetherness.

If you wish to see the names on the bottles, try the bigger pic:
http://alexmcafee.files.wordpr...2009/05/p1010766.jpg

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Drunk Piano Tattoo