well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Art Deco piano by Bentley
This fabulous looking piano has been veneered in a heavily figured walnut . It has a superb brass stepped plate, very indicative of Art deco styling. The whole piano, as you can see, has a brilliant, desirable Art Deco shape. Manufactured between 1930 - 1935.

History of Bentley Pianos here: http://www.deco-world.com/March_piano_01.htm

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
1919 ART DECO CHICKERING PIANO AD
The newest product of Chickering - Americas oldest pianoforte makers. A small Grand of charming slenderness and grace of line with exquisite Tone Quality. In our belief, the finest Small Grand in the world.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
AN EXTRAORDINARILY RARE HARP-PIANO BY DIETZ ca. 1850.

The strings are plucked as on a harp, operated through a piano keyboard.
Veneered in Birds-Eye maple with Kingwood cross-banding.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
GRAND PIANO BY CHAPPELL, LONDON, ORIGINALLY SUPPLIED TO THE RMS MAURETANIA

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Rippen Mid Century Aluminum Baby Grand Piano Netherlands 1950's
A fantastic instrument cased in a fabulous design! The Rippen was a revolutionary design when introduced. The tensile strength of the painted cast metal cabinet allowed the profile to be much thinner, while maintaining a full, rich tone. It is indeed a cast 'body-and-frame-in-one'. It's straight strung and the laminated soundboard has reverse crown.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Folding Grand Piano
J.J. Ripping was a highly innovative piano manufacturer, and his son Nico Ripping devised in 1969 the Lindner Folding Grand Piano.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Lindner Folding Grand Piano

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Spinet Annibale Rossi Milan 1577
Cypress case and soundboard, boxwood and ivory ornaments, inlaid with pearly, amethysts, lapis lazuli, japser, agate, turquoise and other precious and semi-precious stones.
Of all musical instruments, those with keyboards were the grandest, and an ability to play them well was considered a princely virtue. Even more so if the owner possessed an elaborately decorated instrument like this one, which is covered with some 1,928 precious and semi-precious stones.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Charles Austin Two Manual Melodeon

(I thought they were pianos, but they just look like it!)
Cabinet: Beautiful early rosewood; has four octagonal tapered legs and wooden pedal lyre; brass pedals. Beautiful original finish.
Action: Double keyboard; 8' pitch on lower and 4' pitch (octave higher) on upper; one ivory stopknob controls upper to lower unison coupler; two pedals, right is bellows and left is swell (volume).

G. Prince Two Manual Melodeon - 1869 Buffalo NY

Treat & Davis Melodeon - 1864 New Haven CT

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Empress 15.5" Concert Grand Lyon & Healy Chicago
"The day after Christmas I purchased an Empress 15-1/2" Concert Grand. Apparently there are not many 15-1/2" Concert Grands....

but read on:

"as several music box experts were surprised that I had, in fact, a concert grand of this size."

Story here: http://www.mmdigest.com/Galler...es/larry_wilson.html

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
1894 Chickering Concert Grand Piano
Sorry, back on track with a *real* piano.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
That Chickering is my my kinda pie-anna!

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Where is that Chickering? I want to hear it, play it!

The scuttlebutt I've heard is that the 1890's were Chickering's best period.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13833 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Where is that Chickering? I want to hear it, play it!

The scuttlebutt I've heard is that the 1890's were Chickering's best period.

Well, that intriqued me Joe, so I snooped.
One similar is in Tenn awaiting you!

http://www.kbbantiquepianos.com/

Notes:

Cabinet: Mahogany with extra wide tail section with extra soundboard. Even though this instrument is 4" shorter than a modern concert piano it actually has more soundboard area because of the extra width. Has carved pedal lyre and carved cabriole legs. This piano can be finished in a dark mahogany or ebony. Open carved rectangular shaped music rack.

Dimensions: 8'-8" long, 60" wide @ keyboard, 39" from top of case to floor.

Action: Modern double repetition but with wood action frame and brass flanges. Middle pedal is a bass damper pedal instead of a sostenuto; has una chorda and damper pedals.

To be restored; one of the biggest built by a top notch American builder. This was built at a time when Chickering was trying to build the world's finest piano, sparing no expense, and had the old world craftsmen there who could do it. Will compare favorably to any of today's finest concert pianos when fully restored.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is a Chickering as nice as that previous post?
Chickering's limited edition concert grand,prepared for the 1867 world piano show in Europe. (Rosewood case)
This Chickering is the same year and model that was awarded the gold medal (best piano in the world) at the Paris Exposition of 1867. At 8'4" in length, this concert grand was the greatest piano of its day, and was produced to serve the great concert pianists of the world. This piano is very rare since it was Chickering's limited edition concert grand, prepared for the 1867 world piano show in Europe. Nearly all chickerings and steinways of the 1860s and 1870s had only 85 keys and the old-style square grand type action. In addition, few were made with the fully scalloped case. This piano was truly the finest, sporting a full 88 keys and a modern style repetition action. In addition, Chickering craftsmen carved the most beautiful, symmetrical case we have ever seen on any concert grand piano. It corresponds with the victorian era yet not in an overbearing style.

More story here: http://shafferpianos.com/1867%20chickering.html

Chickering Square Grand (1885) Rosewood, scalloped case
Story here: http://www.shafferpianos.com/1885chickering/