well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Grotrian Steinweg, model 1889, serial # 6630, 6ft 4in long.

I like it very much when the piano makers go to the trouble of putting some art into the Cast-iron. Not many do it.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Bosendorfer model nostalgia 1904, S/N 16758, 6 ft 2 in.
If you only bought a piano because of its Desk, then you would do fairly well with this one...

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
A Gaggle of Soundboards From Bösendorfer factory, so I wonder if those big boards in the background are all Imperials...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I just thought, sure, its a Bösendorfer Imperial, with those Jumbo747 large diameter dual-wheels but it's an interesting photo with the Harp and pre-electric Speaker trumpet... some people just know how to take a photo!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Don't you just love these Plate extensions, straight away you know it has to be a Bösendorfer Imperial, every other piano I've seen has the Plate hugging the Rim.

Then with all these holes of different sizes, curving round down the Plate, the open character gives the "Rolls Royce" an air of impressive individual beauty.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
It's another Artcase Piano, - but no! - It's an "AUSTRIAN ENAMELED MUSIC BOX, GRAND PIANO-FORM, H 3", W 3 1/2", L 5"!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
This Baldwin console with that Barn Roof lid gives me an idea, now you could imagine this as the prototype for your next house design - you could live in your own giant upright piano! But really - it would work wouldn't it...

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
This Baldwin console with that Barn Roof lid gives me an idea, now you could imagine this as the prototype for your next house design - you could live in your own giant upright piano! But really - it would work wouldn't it...

Where on earth would you put your knick-knacks and piles of sheet music?

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano and Pianist sculpture
Artist Bruno Torfs had an art and sculpture garden in Melbourne, Australia that suffered great losses in a fire in February 2009.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
They are frustratingly hard to get from this:

To this:

There are over half a dozen other neat piano jigsaws as well, (if it doesn't work install Java6):

http://www.designsbyelizabeth.com/music.htm

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Oh ya...

I rmember when Frank first posted those puzzles on PW.

I tried the above one. Wicked slow, I am.

9 minutes.

Glad I don't play that slow! Maybe they need a Chopin Etude in the background to make me move faster!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
So, says I, maybe I'll be better with the music

Nope....Not me!

Blink

Especially when no music shows up...

I'll try again!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
It has the "wing" of something that looks like a Grand Piano, but the man who is seated behind it is the honoured recipient of it... It is non other than the PTG Golden Hammer Award. The person is non other than Owen Jorgensen... And I read that he has just died. A revered figure of the piano industry.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Festival advertisement

The blogger quips:
"Spent the rest of the afternoon exploring different areas of The Hague."

then surreally:

"Strangely, there was a piano on a platform in the water..."

Check out the wonderful detail of the scene with this larger picture:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4CeQ...s1600/126_1221-2.jpg

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Gachet, Gogh and Piano
With the Candles, this one is from Dr Gachet's house, he was doctor to Vincent van Gogh (who painted the Dr's daughter, Marguerite at the piano); a little info here: (do page search for piano)

http://www.janetomlinson.com/journal/index.php?cat=12

Here's a photo of Marguerite playing the same piano in 1947: