well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
This Petrof 1898 Rosewood Artcase,
5'8" has beautiful inlaid satinwood floral motifs on the case.

Schwechten 1890 inlaid artcase Mahogany, 6'4"
Truly one of a kind and a work of art with fine marquetry of floral patterns and portraits of famous composers. You cannot find a better made, playing or sounding piano from any time. This company specialized in the highest quality for wealthy clients.

John Brinsmead Art Case Upright c. 1888 - serial no. 34347 Gilded with hand painted designs and hand lettered poems, 57" tall.

Wow, I put more pictures here to show this wonderfully beautiful piano...

Manufactured by the John Brinsmead Company, one of the most prominent English piano builders of the late 19th century. This piano is truly one of a kind. It was commissioned by a gentleman as a wedding gift for his beloved daughter. This extraordinary case is an absolutely original condition, and is exceptional for the quality of the colors and intricate handpainting, verses, and music notation.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
More story here:
[IMG]

This one looks like the one shown here for the opening of Chickering Hall, which I have been googling half the night!

Von Bulow playing

I have been trying to find this building - recent pics. I keep finding Frank and Camille's piano place at another building also called the Chickering Building. So I am confused. Will post if I can find this one this morning.

Does it look familiar to anyone? Not far from Steinway Hall on 5th and 18th I believe.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

How it works:

A: The Automatic Sustaining Pedal
B: The Themodist
C: The Metrostyle
D: The Soft Pedal Lever
E: The Loud (or Sustaining) Pedal Lever
F & G: The Graduated Accompaniment Levers
H: The Tempo Lever
I: The Silent Lever

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greeb
posted Hide Post
From Chickering piano

From Chickering piano

My Cocobolo 1849 Chickering that I'm still carefully and slowly working on.

Posts: 46 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:

I have been trying to find this building - recent pics. I keep finding Frank and Camille's piano place at another building also called the Chickering Building. So I am confused. Will post if I can find this one this morning.

Does it look familiar to anyone? Not far from Steinway Hall on 5th and 18th I believe.

That original building probably isn't there anymore...but years ago, someone (I think TomK) posted on PW that some Chickering building still exists, near Steinway Hall, and that up top you can still see the Chickering star logo...however I scanned 58th Street last time I was up there, and couldn't see it from the sidewalk.

And Greeb, that's a beautiful piano. Congratulations!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
GREEB...

That is gorgeous!

Yup, RP, there were two Chickering Buildings. The one that Frank and Camilles is located in now is the second building.

NOTHING to me compares to the first building. Googles all day for maps, viewings, history, old pics, images, etc brings up what happened to the original building.

What a shame. It was elegant.

Where's Chickgrand?

YOO HOO...

Hello out there CG!

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
Where's Chickgrand?

YOO HOO...

Hello out there CG!

Yeah, seriously...how could he not have sniffed out this thread?

Frank and Camille's is now in that other building? Is it on 58th St.? I thought Steinway was the only dealer on that block.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Rippen Aluminium Grand All shiny and clearly showing the frame/case single unit construction

An AluRip that has been Gold Plated!!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Bechstein Upright 1862 Ornate

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Rare Rippen Piano is part of Piano Trends Piano Museum
Another beautiful and unusual addition to our Piano Museum. This Console Piano built into a grand shape was made in Holland by the Rippen Piano Company in the 1980s. Inside this piano the hammers and action follow the same grand line as the cabinet. Yes, parts will be hard to come by! Notice the unusal "platform" the piano rests upon.
Other pics and things here: http://www.pianotrendsmusic.co...UPE7PC6C4&MenuID=161

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Rather a neat angle on the camera I thought..

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
It a piano of sorts, well maybe not, but you play the keyboard with your fists by the look and it plays bells - a carillon.

[wiki]
"The keys mechanically activate levers and wires that connect to the metal clappers that strike the bells, allowing the performer (known as a "carillonneur") to vary the intensity of the note according to the force applied to the key.

The carillon is the heaviest of all musical instruments; the total weight of bells alone can be 100 tons in the largest instruments."

Also the lovely harp here, or as I prefer to call it, a piano played with the fingers... - I wonder what this combination sounds like!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Their teacher was either mad or a genius...
Stop, Repair, Prepare: Variations on ‘Ode to Joy’ for a Prepared Piano (2008)

This time, the duo (Jennifer Allora and Guillermo Calzadilla) enlisted a rotating roster of six pianists to play the famous fourth movement of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 (1824). Using an early 20th-century C. Bechstein grand piano that has been customized and set on casters, given a reverse set of foot pedals, and bearing a hole cut clear through the centre of the cabinet, each performer is provided with just enough room to fit through the opening. This forces them to perform backwards and over the top of the keyboard while traipsing through an otherwise empty gallery with the piano firmly in tow.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Bechstein Upright 1862 Ornate

I want this piano. Give it to me now.

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Zorba, IF you want it, here it is on ebay.de!! IF every one chipped in we could start an amazing museum...

http://cgi.ebay.de/UNIKAT-C-Be...7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50