well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Pique, those photos are wonderful!! You said all those pianos are kept performance ready, can visitors play them? Or do they periodically have concerts? (

both. i got to play the mozart piano and also a hammerklavier from schubert's time. of course, this was at the invitation of the curator, who, lucky for me, just happened to be there. you can't just walk in and start playing.

the hammerklavier had just been tuned for a performance the next day, and it was truly a wonderful instrument! the acoustics in that hall really added a lot to the experience, too.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21432 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
WOW!

That multi-wood piano looks cool!

I am salivating at the thought of trading my satin ebony Estonia 190 (Ho Hum zzzzz) for a satin bubinga (wowza!) Estonia 190.

It is three years newer as well.

We will be visiting the dealer this Thursday to make up our minds.

The best thing is, our piano is at the dealer! They will be side by side for comparison.

Should prove interesting.

Posts: 13642 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markjpcs:
WOW!

That multi-wood piano looks cool!

I am salivating at the thought of trading my satin ebony Estonia 190 (Ho Hum zzzzz) for a satin bubinga (wowza!) Estonia 190.

It is three years newer as well.

We will be visiting the dealer this Thursday to make up our minds.

The best thing is, our piano is at the dealer! They will be side by side for comparison.

Should prove interesting.

you will be one of the few that has owned 3 Estonias.

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Yes, and I might not live through this trade!

Posts: 13642 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
You mean something like this?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7580 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
that's a dark one.. The bubinga is beautiful but I think it would be distracting. (you know, I tried to buy one 190 Bubinga at an estate sale before I bought mine, Mark)

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Yes, that one is a little more on the wild side than the one I am looking at Ron.

This is has a more subtle grain pattern and is a satin finish. Really quite beautiful.

I was thinking the same thing about it being distracting apple. At first I thought the polished ebony was a little distracting because of the mirror image of your fingers playing the piano.

I adjusted real quick though. I suppose I will do the same if I get the satin bubinga.

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
When I bought mine not quite a year ago, they wouldn't do Bubinga in satin. If they would have I think we would have gone with that. I think it is beautiful, but I was afraid it would be too much. I think it would be perfect in satin. Yum!

You'll be 10 years older 10 years from now no matter what...so go for it! Registered *Flaming Liberal* Piano - Estonia 190 in Satin Mahogany

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I will take some photos tomorrow.

I am leaning heavily in favor of the bubinga.

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
It's gorgeous alright!

You'll be 10 years older 10 years from now no matter what...so go for it! Registered *Flaming Liberal* Piano - Estonia 190 in Satin Mahogany

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
You mean something like this?

I just realized that these are two different pianos! The bottom one has the old logo on the fallboard.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
So you think 1 piano + 4 hands requires some coordination...

It's some sort of bowed piano performance!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7580 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Some photos of the satin bubinga I will not be buying.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
it's like a piano in a leopard suit in a way..
Are you not going to trade?

Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what we thought!

No trade. After playing our piano again and playing the same pieces side by side we decided against the trade. Our piano has a tone that we love. So does the Bubinga 190 but we felt it made no sense to spend money just because it was different. I cannot say that it was better. Only different. Not much different either. A tiny bit brighter and louder but nothing that cannot be changed with a good voicing on ours.

We remain a member of the Estonia Satin Ebony Club. Wink