well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Picture of JPM
posted Hide Post

Builder: Carl Mand
Type: Pianino (miniature piano)
Builder's Shop: Koblenz
Built: ca. 1875
Interesting features: Has a true una corda pedal (on left) which was quite unusual of upright pianos of this vintage. The right pedal is the damper pedal. Case has intricate carvings throughout.

Builder: Carl Mand
Type: Square Piano, opus 632
Builder's Shop: Koblenz
Built: ca. 1850
Instrument's Location: The Mand Collection, Landesmuseum Koblenz
Note: It has only a damper pedal.

--------------------------------
JP
My Piano Room

Posts: 22 | Location: New Mexico & Germany | Registered: 13 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks for posting pictures, it gives me a day off! I remember that 'wiggly' one on the last page - but I wasn't able to find it online. Thanks for putting it here.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7564 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I actually got the chance to play this one. It sounded as cheesy as it looks....

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
What make? Looks like Monet's Garden. Good for playing Debussey? Wink

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Kathy, it is a Steinway Art Case Piano called Summertime. Looks like a Microsoft screensaver to me.

See other artcases hereSteinway Art Case Collection

I like the inlay of Pear Grove, I think it is beautiful. I wish they had a better picture of Chihuly's Glass lid. Hard to tell what it looks like but I am sure it is impressive to see when opened. I wonder if a glass lid makes the tone too punchy.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPM
posted Hide Post

Builder: Matthias Ferdinand Rachals
Type: 50 Jahre Jubiläumsmodell (50th Anniversary model)
Built: 1882 (rebuilt 2001)
Note: 210cm; 7 octave compass; interesting case; ebony/ivory keys
Price: 35K Euro (42K USD)

JP
My Piano Room

Posts: 22 | Location: New Mexico & Germany | Registered: 13 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KlavierBauer:
Ron,
Schimmel also has a hydraulic lid on the Pegasus.

I hate to break it to ya, fellas, but that thing looks like a giant speculum.

One that hasn't been pre-warmed. HairRaising

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Who wouldn't want this baby in the living room?

Cindy, I'd be afraid of it falling on my head!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10577 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Wow, how did that happen?

Bizarre . . .

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
This one has had an aquarium built into it...

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10577 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
I saw this piano with 8 pedals at the Victoria and Albert Museum. I would consider it one of the first "prepared" pianos in history. The extra pedals would have different levers rest against the strings to create the sounds of bells and drums.

Object Grand piano Date ca. 1820

Techniques Pinewood case, veneered with mahogany on the outside and satinwood on the inside; gilt highlighting and ormolu mounts and pedals; painted lid and nameboard

Artist/designer Haschka, Georg

Place Vienna (city), Austria
Dimensions Length 230.5 cm
Width 119.4 cm
Height 86.4 cm

Museum Number 460-1907

Pianos made in Vienna from about 1800 were prized for their sweet tone and light action. They were often fitted, as this one is, with a number of pedals,which activated special musical effects such as drums and bells, used in popular arrangements of martial music. This piano was made between about 1815 and 1820 by Georg Haschka (1772-1828), who owned a small workshop in Vienna. It was later the property of Sir William Quiller Orchardson R.A. (1832-1910), an eminent Scottish painter, who included it in his picture, A Tender Chord.

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
http://www.baldwinpiano.com/what/baldnews2002.html

sorry I couldn't reproduce the image.. I actually bid on the piano hand painted by Peter Max when it was listed on ebay.. last I looked it was about 5000 dollars.

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Here you go.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
M&H "Butterfly" Grand