well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I'm right in the not-wanting-to-admit group.

Sorry, my feeble attempt at humor was a bit arid. I meant it to sound like I thought I was going to be 83 years old in Sep.

Oh, and BTW, I swear in your general direction. Nothing personal, of course.

Neener

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I did have to check to make sure it wasn't poisoned. The kids will live.

Big Grin ThumbsUp Mothers are so noble!

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Oh yeah, I'm right in the not-wanting-to-admit group.

Sorry, my feeble attempt at humor was a bit arid. I meant it to sound like I thought I was going to be 83 years old in Sep.

Oh, and BTW, I swear in your general direction. Nothing personal, of course.

Neener

Big Grin I get it.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
Just takes desire, Doug.

Good to know. Good to know.

Uh, right now, I desire some ice cream...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I have to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks. ACK!

Smiler Jodi (who had pizza, brownies, and a beer for dinner Frowner but who also went to the gym, rode around the county on a bike for about an hour and a half, and galloped a horse Smiler )

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
What happens in five weeks?

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I'm being Nina - bated.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of s54mo827
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I have to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks. ACK!
.....galloped a horse Smiler )

I like that "galloped a horse" bit. SOOOOOOOO ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA EXTRAORDINARILY COOL!!!!!

Anyway - we all need to loose a few pounds - so don't feel alone. Good luck! (Munching on popcorn - kettlecorn - 94% fat free (something like that)...

(so ultra cool horsebacking riding... mmmmmm).

WOW!

Posts: 795 | Location: New York | Registered: 23 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
So how does one convert inches to pounds?

I was wearing a 36 waist quite loosely a few years ago and that's where I'd like to be: 36 waist. At the moment, my pants are a little snug. How many pounds should I lose?

(I should note that Perry Ellis is a little kinder to me than Jeoffrey Beane. PE's 36 is less snug. Thank you PE!)

Posts: 10575 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semi-Regular
Picture of Euan Morrison
posted Hide Post
I will add my name to this list!

My long-term goal weight will be '73lbs'. I've started cycling pretty seriously - 3 or 4 hours 2 or 3 times a week. Burning about 1500-2000 calories each time. Just need to keep it up! m going to add an hour's walking to the mix starting this week as well.

Interestingly, I measured my resting heart rate today - it was 44 bpm while lying on my bed and 47 while standing (the proper way to measure). So while there is weight to come off, I think I've got a good battery keeping me going Smiler.

Posts: 113 | Location: bonnie Scotland | Registered: 12 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Good God, Euan, what are doing bringing up *this* subject again?!

Sheesh, now I'm going to have to account for something.....

Thanks, pal...................................NOT!

Razzer

Wink

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Aren't opera singers supposed to be *substanial* anyway? Big Grin Oh wait, maybe that's only the women.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aren't opera singers supposed to be *substanial* anyway? Big Grin Oh wait, maybe that's only the women.

There's just no honorable way out of this.....

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Trapped you, huh? Wasn't my intention, but I done good!

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trapped you, huh? Wasn't my intention, but I done good!

Your avatar is getting to your head, methinks...

Razzer