well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It's official. My butt is smaller!! Woot

I gave up candy and gum for lent. Well, Easter came and I kind of noticed that I was slimming down and felt better without all that sugar cruising around my system. Also, I find my sugar cravings have stopped and I'm perfectly happy to have just the one brownie rather than gorging on the whole platter.

Since Ash Wednesday, I've dropped 5 pounds without dieting or doing anything but cutting out candy and gum. I've decided to stick with it through December 31 and see what happens.

Maybe I'm like an alcoholic; I can't even have the one jelly bean or I'll go on a bender.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of s54mo827
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
It's official. My butt is smaller!! Woot

That's ALWAYS great news, Cindy. Yes

Posts: 795 | Location: New York | Registered: 23 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I'm like an alcoholic; I can't even have the one jelly bean or I'll go on a bender.

Actually, you wouldn't be too far from the truth. There is evidence that many alcoholics are just sugar addicts that satisfy their craving with the pure sugars in alcohol.

Happy to hear about your butt! ThumbsUp

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Ermmmm....Cindy, forgive me for interjecting facts based on actual observations, but your butt is just fine. IF, and I emphasize IF, you have a weight issue it is that you are....ermm...too skinny.

You look REALLY good girl!

jf

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Hello. My name is Jodi, and I am a complete and total NON-LOSER. I have fallen off the wagon BIG TIME since Christmas. I got back on briefly awhile back, and was making some progress, but then birthday season hit (we have three birthdays in a week and a half) and that wagon hit a big old bump and I went flying. Frowner

But now, my big toe is telling me that maybe I've been overdoing it, (not to mention that SOMEBODY seems to have shrunk all my clothes) so I'm hobbling back on. Getting old sucks.

Smiler Jodi (who is pining for the days that she could eat anything and still be skinny as a rail...)

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Ermmmm....Cindy, forgive me for interjecting facts based on actual observations, but your butt is just fine. IF, and I emphasize IF, you have a weight issue it is that you are....ermm...too skinny.

You look REALLY good girl!

So why don't you post some pictures to prove those allegations, Jack? Or are you afraid she will sue you? Big Grin

jf

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
(who is pining for the days that she could eat anything and still be skinny as a rail...)

Consider yourself lucky, I have never had such days to pine for.

I'm sure you'll be back in a routine in no time Jodi. Just focus on it week by week and don't think about the long term.

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart, JF.

Let's just call it an ongoing struggle. I've made progress of late, which I'm desperately trying to hang onto.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of phykell
posted Hide Post
Newcomer to this thread but I've been thinking about trying to lose a few pounds. How's this for a day's eating though (yesterday):

1. Two slices of wholemeal (but white) toast with jam on one, marmalade on the other with two mugs of coffee.

2. Tinned vegetarian ravioli with two slices of toast and a pint of water.

3. One jug (about a litre) of fresh fruit smoothie

4. Foot-long subway with a large coffee and a pint of water

5. Half a jug of fresh fruit smoothie

No exercise whatsoever - I work from home so my walk to work is from the bedroom to the shower and thence to the PC.

What do you think?

Posts: 867 | Location: UK | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
cut down on the bread and you'll be fine. Also might want to add a few more veggies and green things (I know the Brits have a hard time believing they are a food but they can be quite good) Wink

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Forum Groupie
Picture of phykell
posted Hide Post
I do eat loads of veg usually (no meat y'see) but you've hit on one problem, I definitely have too much bread and coupled with no exercise these days...

Posts: 867 | Location: UK | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Cut the bread (and any beer) a few weeks and the belly will drop down, even without excercise

Phykell, can you post that gorgeous picture of you and your wife at your wedding in the picture thread? I can't find it anywhere...

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I haven't posted in this thread in a looong time, but here goes:

Since January of 2005, down 25 pounds.

Since December of 2005, down 15 pounds.

I seem to have stalled out the last couple of months, but I still have 10-15 pounds to go. 15 more pounds, and I'll weigh less than I did when I graduated college. Smiler

Posts: 45758 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
WOW Quirt! That's impressive. Those 15 pounds you lost since December seem to have traveled across the ocean and lodged themselves in me. Smiler

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
Those 15 pounds you lost since December seem to have traveled across the ocean and lodged themselves in me. Smiler

Yeah, at least you have a reason. I have NO EXCUSE!

Big Grin Jodi (who thoroughly enjoyed her completely unhealthy dinner of pizza and beer...)

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post