well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Last week, ran 50 miles, biked 120, did weights, skipped meals...and finally...97! Wheew!!!!

Carol bought a box of chocolate mint cookies which I promptly put in the freezer...god I love those things...weight will be back shortly.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
Trapped you, huh? Wasn't my intention, but I done good!

Your avatar is getting to your head, methinks...

Razzer

Maybe it's time for a change then. Back to my other favorite lady.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Eleanor Roosevelt?

Wink

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Hmm - me thinks you need new glasses as well as more Starbucks. Wink

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
Last week, ran 50 miles, biked 120, did weights, skipped meals...and finally...97! Wheew!!!!

Carol bought a box of chocolate mint cookies which I promptly put in the freezer...god I love those things...weight will be back shortly.

Did you put them in the freezer to keep for later? Or because they're really, really yummy straight from the freezer? Yes

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:

Did you put them in the freezer to keep for later? Or because they're really, really yummy straight from the freezer? Yes

Straight from the freezer...I just crave those things - and have so little restraint. The ones Carol gets are even better than the girl scout cookie thin mints - of which I went through 16 boxes this year - (10 I bought plus 6 gifts from friends).

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I've had Cajunized tater tots two days in a row at McMenamin's. With ranch dressing. Eeker

But I've been so busy and on the run this week, I haven't gained any weight. I think I lost some. Woot

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
My Schwarzbein Principles are working. After exactly 4 weeks on the diet, I'm down to 90 and not craving anything, off coffee, very reduced alchohol and sleeping much, much better. I think I'm a disciple. Yes

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
That's great Kathy! I don't drink and stay pretty much off sugar, but if I didn't have coffee I'd just fall down stupid!

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Kathy, you wiegh 90lbs?!

You disgust me...

Wink

(Congratulations!)

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Yup - just call me the 90 lb weakling.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Has there been previous discussion on the Schwarzbeing Principles? What is it?

I've gained about 37 pounds up to now. I dread to see how little of it will come off automatically when the baby is out!

Jogging stroller here I come. Maybe I should start practicing putting a doll in it or something...

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Elena, what are you doing in this thread. VeryAngry Actually 37 pounds for someone of your height is very good. You won't have any problem taking it off. Don't expect to look svelte within a week, but after a couple of months of breastfeeding, I bet you'll be in your old jeans (without shoe lace) again.

The Schwarzbein Prinicple is a book a was "prescribed" at a women's clinic I recently visited. You can read my account here (2nd page of thread). Weight loss is just one of the benefits of following it:

Menopause, metabolism, weight loss, blah blah . .

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
So Kathy, which book are you actually using The Principle II, the Program or what? I like the idea of eating everything in balance, but keeping the bad carbs low as I have always had blood sugar levels. I did Atkins at one point, but just wasn't comfortable with all the bad fats. I have a feeling I'm kind of on the same track anyway, but would like to read more. I eat lots of fruits and veggies, moderate amounts of meat, use whole grains, etc. I love milk and use non-fat, but only 8-12 ounces/day.

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
The first one - The Principle. I actually have a visit at the clinic tomorrow so it will be interesting to get feedback on what I'm doing. Sounds from the website like the Principle II is a big warning about not going too low carb.

The whole good fat/bad fat thing is very interesting. Her definition of good fat is very different than you'd think - she is very pro-animal fat as well as good vegetable oils. The only bad fat in her opinion are altered fats , e.g. trans-fats, rancid oils or burnt fats. And she makes a very compelling case disputing that choleserol based fats cause high blood cholesterol with many case studies to back her theories up.