well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have NO EXCUSE!

quote:
Yeah, at least you have a reason. I have NO EXCUSE!

But of course you do, it's called pizza and beer!! Big Grin

I wish I could join you, it's been ages since I had a good pizza (the Spanish have no idea how to make them) and any beer (though I have been bad and had a couple of tiny glasses of wine on special occasions...).

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Well, it has been a year and three days since Cindy started this thread, and I have already lost......[drum roll]....................

a pound.

Oh well. Better than gaining a pound.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Well - I'm happy. I'm down 28 from a year ago. Ouch - it hurts to even admit it.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Okay, Doug, you're here. Good. But, where are all your stout friends, hmmmm? I'm holding you responsible for showing them the way.

Teachum, that's amazing. You must feel just great. And keeping it off all that time is the most important part.

I've made no progress whatsoever with my 10 (and that's a conservative goal - I'd could go 15 ideally) I've finally resolved I need to make some changes in my diet/regime to try to knock off those stubborn 10. Cutting out alcohol during the week is one, motivated in large part by horrendous sleeping problems. Sleep-wise, it seems to be helping.

JF was actually the first to cut out the wine during the week, (which makes it much easier for me. Thank you JF) because he was snoring so loud we were on the verge of getting complaints from the neighbors and probably more importantly for him, he lost himself a bed partner. I thought it was sleep apnea, but when he finally went to the doc, she told him to cut out the alchohol - DUH! Some things are so obvious yet we need collide before we recognize them. So, I'm hoping this will help not only with the sleeping but with the poundage.

I just visisted a wellness-based women's clinic to try to help get on top of things (including getting off the synthetic hormones), and the practitioner noted that alchohol really spikes the blood sugar level.

And, my swimming is almost back up to par - post surgery this January. In addition to doing 2/3 mile 3 x week, I've added two pilates classes.

So - kk, checking in at hovering between 96 and 98.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm back on the wagon for the next month or two. Time to get back into speedo shape...

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
How's this for a 2-way motivator, Doug (or perhaps thinly veiled threat)? If you post a pic in your Speedo, I'll post one in my bikini or vice versa.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you post a pic in your Speedo, I'll post one in my bikini or vice versa.

If by "vice versa", you mean me in the bikini and you in the speedo, we have a deal.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm here. Leaving

I looked at the first few posts to get an idea of what's been going on. Do we need to set some kind of start date for us newbies, or do we just set a goal for Sep 1st?

You can probably tell I'm positively exuberant about this......

Wink

PS. You're gonna have to pay up big time to see me in a speedo. And yes, I own one(my swife got it for me HairRaising).

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
The speedo can be an important part of a weight loss plan. I know if I wear one, no one around me is able to eat that day...

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Do we need to set some kind of start date for us newbies, .

Nah. What most of us did was just announce a goal. (I want to lose ten pounds, for example). Thereafter, we do nothing but read posts about how Teachum actually lost weight, while continuing to stuff donuts in our own mouths. Apart from the swearing at Teachum, it has been pretty painless so far...

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug, that's a huge relief. I'm pretty good at swearing, so even that should be no problem for me.

:clears throat:

My goal is to lose 17 lbs by Sep 1st, 2006.

Now, excuse me while I finish my donut.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Doug, be careful what you ask for.

The only other thing to note, OT, is that everyone starts at 100 pounds. You report your loss from there. So for example, if you start off by losing two pounds you report that you're down to 98. With your goal of 17 pounds, you want to reduce to 83. Got it?

I don't know how it works if someone wants to lose more than 100 pounds. Starting off at 200?

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with the 100 pound benchmark. Less conspicuous.

I'll be 83 in Sep.

Wait.....

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I went to weight watchers meeting this morning (I made goal last year and am a lifetime member, which means I have to get to weigh in monthly, for free). I'm a pound over my goal weight. It's been quite the party month with graduation, end of school, camping, yada yada yada.

I'll take it back off.

Anyway, after meeting, I went to the new bakery down the block, and picked up a cinnamon roll, almond croissant, and pain au chocolate. For the kids. Wink I did have to check to make sure it wasn't poisoned. The kids will live.

Posts: 9808 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Do we need to set some kind of start date for us newbies, .

Nah. What most of us did was just announce a goal. (I want to lose ten pounds, for example). Thereafter, we do nothing but read posts about how Teachum actually lost weight, while continuing to stuff donuts in our own mouths. Apart from the swearing at Teachum, it has been pretty painless so far...

Neener

Just takes desire, Doug.

OT - that means you *weigh in* at 100 and your goal is 83. Nobody wanted to admit how much they really *weighed*. Therefore the 100 lb thing.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post