well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I think the bad posture helps keep the pants up!

Nuts
Duh - why didn't I think of that?

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but the slouching is hurting my back! Gotta get a belt...

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katie:
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
I, for one, am going to pretend this thread does not exist till after the holidays! Razzer

All these cookies, cakes, restaurant fare are, well.... Roll Eyes

See you in the New Year! I am hoping that the trip to Honduras will help to bring the weight back down....From all the physical work, not from Montezuma! Eeker

I'm avoiding this thread too ... I'm too ashamed ! Frowner

and Boo Hoo Frowner ... I'm missing the fun (albeit hard work) in Honduras. I do hope y'all have a good time. My prediction ... you'll come back 7 lbs lighter.

Gee, I sure hope so....

Been trying not to eat too many cookies. The office is full of them! Good thing my desk is upstairs away from the lunch room!

Happily, I am still at 91#! Woot

Thanks, Katie. We are gonna miss you! I will jump on the scale when I get back and post pics....of the trip, that is... Roll Eyes Ole

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Movie recommendation:

See Supersize Me. It is a movie/documentary about a guy who eats only McDonald's food for 30 full days. Really horrifying what happens to him. I just saw it this afternoon from Netflix. Makes you think.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I heard about that. I can't even imagine eating that much McDonalds. I used to love that place. I haven't had food from there in at least a year. Not sure I could stomach it any more.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20469 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We had Egg McMuffins and hash browns yesterday. They were salty and greasy and yummy. No regrets.

I have to say, a lot of times I'll come out of my weight watchers weigh in and go through the drive thru for an Egg McMuffin!

Spitting in the wind, whistling in the dark.

Now, I wouldn't eat that stuff every day...

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I can't stand the screaming kids in McDonalds, even if I liked the food. The strict teacher comes out in me and I want to go make them behave.

Friday we had an early dinner at Bonsai Bistro, which is just like PF Changs. In fact their chef/owners used to work for them I'm told. Yummy! But I was good and had a Flaming Beef salad, well and some calamari too. Last night we went to dinner at a floating restaurant on Lake CDA and I wasn't quite so good. More Calamari and halibut for dinner. But no dessert. Today we are going to a buffet at Templins on the River. They have a lot of seafood so I will stick with it mostly. No more weighing for at least 3 or 4 days.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
DO OVER!

How many of you need a do-over? Or at least a partical do over? Hi I don't even want to get on the scale to see how badly off track I've gotten...

Starting today, I'm gonna be good again. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Well, let me take a look in the ol' mirror:

Nope, I'm still lookin' good!

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Actually, I am at about 97 lbs. My goal was 90, but I'm not that unhappy about it. I lost a little weight, and haven't gained back any of the 35 pounds or so I lost five years ago.

I still expect to lose a bit more, but am in no particular hurry, as long as I don't gain anything back.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Nice pic, Doug.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Nice pic, Doug.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks! Losing that three pounds really made all the difference.

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty happy. I haven't gained any and have actually lost since the parties and restaurants started on the 17th. I'm at 76# and bought two great new velvety, shiny glittery outfits yesterday that I can wear to wherever! All in size smalls. My new hiphuggers are getting baggy already. Time for a hot wash. I've been using the treadmill everyday and eating lots of low-fat soup and yogurt to counteract the unavoidable eating out.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, I braved the bathroom scale this morning. Three pounds up from my lowest, which puts me back at 93. Not terrible, but I wish I had teachums willpower!

I've coerced the husband into being my workout buddy. He has a few to lose too. I dragged him out of bed early this morning (he's taking some days off work) and we went on a power walk. I'm trying to get him to join the gym I belong to, but he's not sure he wan't to get up that early on workdays. I think it would be good for him. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
The first plunge is the worst, Jodi. Now it's all downhill/weight from here, right?

Jodi - you are a tea drinker right? I love Chai and have normally bought Stash. Yesterday a I bought Tazo because they didn't have any Stash. Oh man, it is SO much better. Smoky and spicey and yummy. My new addiction. I put splenda in and just a dash of cream.