well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    A Picture Thread
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Picture Thread
 Login/Join

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
...And you look alot like that other avatar you used to use - can't remember who it was, but it was all orangy yellow. Some actor in a movie. English Patient? Can't remember. Funny how we pick avatars that resemble us...

That was precisely why I chose that avatar. I didn't see "The English Patient" until many years after its release, but when I watched it, I thought I'd found a long lost twin. Nearly without exception, people almost always say, "You look just like that English actor...what's his name...oh, Alan Rickman". So for years I stared at him and thought, "Huh?" Then it finally dawned on me they just can't keep their English actors' names straight. The resemblance is truly uncanny. Fiennes in E.P. looks exactly like I did from about 22-40, before Father Time started getting cranky. If you Google Fiennes, you will find all manner of hair, no hair, facial hair, no facial hair. There's not a "look" I didn't try myself at some point, including all that awful hair on the cover of The Rolling Stone. His current look doesn't suit either of us. But here we are, both wrecked. I also thought it interesting that his long-term live-in was the woman I considered to be the single most beautiful woman alive in her day (and she's still a looker for her age). If I'd thought she'd have gone for someone with that face, I'd have sent her a love letter. suave

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Rick, thanks for the photo! You do look just as I would have imagined. And I bet the way you look now isn't nearly as "bad" as you make it out to be. We are, after all, our own worst critics.

I love seeing photos of all my WTF friends too. It's wonderful to put a face to a name!

Posts: 18767 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frycek:
You probably make a fine looking monster.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's encouraging. Always happy to have emotional support.

Actually, that cracks me up. I'll stop laughing when I pass the next mirror.

(Actually, I have saved a nice image of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster for one of my future avatars. I have put together a little directory for changing outfits now and again. That was the one I thought most apt.)

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
The hunkaroo we always knew you to be. With a touch of the Van Gogh genius look to boot...

Thank you Rick.

By the way, Laura and I are playing in Edmond, Oklahoma in May. Maybe that is a good chance to get a more recent photo with two nice gals on either side of you??? Wink

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
...With a touch of the Van Gogh genius look to boot...

Maybe more like the Van Gogh madness. I wondered that no one ever noticed that. I noticed it myself about 30 years ago. It's the reason I did my hommage to his "Cafe Terrace", though I love his style overall. I think we'd have made fine friends, up until I one too many times said, "Vincent, lend me an ear". In the current century, I have to settle for an psychopathic but artistic ex-Vietnam-vet, a Jewish transplant from NYC to Phoenix, who comes to visit so we can go at 3 a.m. to do charcoal studies of skulls and bones in the University's Science Hall after a cocktail of LSD and Panama Red. Seriously. Leaving

Noting particularly that one on the lower left. The others resembled me more when for 20 years, I was 60 pounds lighter at 140 soaking wet. Those were the days.

But, really, enough about me and my pic. Somebody else's turn now. If there's anyone left who never posted a pic. Amanda? Are you out there? Ready to get rid of Estelle Parsons who plays you in my dreams?

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
And he deftly avoids the conversation... Big Grin

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Big Grin

(Because he's contemplating whether or not the "birthday suit" can be altered and pressed in time... Yes)

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
isn't that funny? ralph fiennes is exactly how i've always pictured you, rick.

i can't say i can really comment on your offering. not enough details in an image magnified so much from the original.

try again.

Big Grin

Posts: 21469 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
...not enough details in an image magnified so much from the original.

try again.

Big Grin

Not going to happen. When I said there were virtually no pictures in existence, I knew those four little postage stamps existed, and knew exactly the limitations I'd encounter on scanning them even at 3000 dpi. So that's it. There won't be another. That's what you get. And only that. Smiler

Besides, I could have posted it sized like this:

...which would have been very little different from the great majority of pictures posted in these fora over the years. Not many post great big detailed Window's Wallpaper-sized originals. So I consider it fair enough. It's at least as clear, if not as interesting, as that great one of you in the red swim suit. When you rescan that one at high resolution, you can complain. Big Grin

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Have I posted this picture of me?

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Nice pic, Matt. You certainly have a big yard...

Posts: 10337 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That's a great picture, Matt. Love the sunset. Is it New Mexico?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
That's a great picture, Matt. Love the sunset. Is it New Mexico?
Yes, it is. That was taken at White Sands National Monument two years ago.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's sand. I thought it was snow!

Posts: 20520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:
quote:

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Big Grin

(Because he's contemplating whether or not the "birthday suit" can be altered and pressed in time... Yes)

Funny, of the many words that come to mind to describe you, "vain" wasn't one of them. Neener Big Grin

Matt, great picture! I also thought it was snow until I noticed the wind pattern on it. Pretty amazing! (I'm sure that water bottle came in handy!)

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com