well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    A Picture Thread
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Picture Thread
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skeletony:
Adogio- thats a great looking piano there.. what is the size?? nice practise space too! That bench looks lovely.. hmp.. you look really cute there. i dont know, you have an air of a piano teacher. Are you one??

The piano is a Steinway Model A, which is 6'2". It's not mine! I was visiting a piano buddy, and the piano is in her living room.

I'm not a piano teacher, but I did Suzuki piano with my son. Does that count? Smiler

Thanks for the compliment!

Posts: 9842 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
posted Hide Post
Okay, this is what I call my evil eye picture Big Grin

Posts: 321 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
O.K., let's keep the glamour shots together:

(Teachum)

Posts: 10337 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Here's a more recent pic with Littlest Sphinx.

Posts: 19777 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Great picture, Cindy. In no time at all, you are going to be the littlest Sphinx, aren't you?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Great picture, Cindy. In no time at all, you are going to be the littlest Sphinx, aren't you?
Thanks!

Let's hope so. Mr. Sphinx and I are both, erm, height-challenged. The first thing I thought when they said "It's a boy!" was "Oh, dear. I hope he's taller than President Clinton's Labor Secretary Robert Reich."

Posts: 19777 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
This sounds like more Cindy-esque self-effacing crap...Didn't you say you were about 5'5"? Which I believe is dang near the national average for women.

[I love how the little guy is leaning back on you. As a parent, this stuff totally gets me...]

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was being kind. I might or might not be the one who is height-challenged. . . . Big Grin

I'm wearing very high heels in this pic. That boy is growing like a weed.

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
Mayla, I really like your evil eye picture.

Cindy, your picture with babysphinx is warm and fuzzy.

Teachum, your picture will be Miss June in the Girls of WTF calendar.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
What a sweet picture of littlest Sphinx and his mommy!

I don't know if you had brothers, Cindy, but I didn't. I guess the only time I was around boys when they went through that adolescent growth spurt was when I went through my own adolescent growth spurt. (All the way up to the stratospheric height of "average.') So I was growing along with them.

When my son started to grow visibly, every day, it was such an odd experience. Especially during the period that he approached and passed my height, which seemed to happen over a period of just a few weeks.

Every once in a while, all three kids climb on Mommy's lap. I figure they weigh almost three times what I do now, en masse. It makes me want to say, "Hey! Look what I made!"

Posts: 15542 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
He really is a cutey-pie. But, then all your kids are gorgeous.

Okay, here's a little photo-montage of preggers photos dedicated to Elena. This was in 1983. THe beach one was at the end of the summer, and the others were toward the end of Sept. as my due date came and went by 2 1/2 weeks. I was basically walking the neighborhood trying to get things moving. He finally decided to emerge - better late than never - at 10.5 pounds.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Great photos Kathy! I love the one in the earth moving equipment...

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Hah, yeah! More than symbolic.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
So you were one of those radiant pregnant women. I could have guessed that.

I'm envious.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Last week...

One down! Big Grin

Posts: 9842 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post