well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    A Picture Thread
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Picture Thread
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
And where is YOUR picture, Ms. MaryAnna???
[/URL]

Tomorrow. Truly. I got my agent's comments on the manuscript today. They were minor (woo-hoo!), so I shipped the final version back to her via e-mail about 2 hours ago.
Woot

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!

Yes, your wedding pic would be nice to see before I go tomorrow (this departure thing is really useful to pull strings...Big Grin)

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
Guess who - Circa 1981

Teachum, you look gorgeous in that pic! You could be my schoolteacher anytime! Smiler

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
As promised...

First wedding, 1981:

Wedding to Mr. Mary Anna, 1990, with Maryannettes 1 and 2, my sister, and a dear friend:

Family Portrait, 2000 or 2001, have added Muffin to the tribe of Maryannettes:

First piano, 1963, with mother and sister (on floor):

I was going to crop the 1963 picture and use it as my new avatar, but it's too badly faded. Maybe I can learn enough Photoshop to enhance it. Then I can hide behind my real face, albeit significantly younger.

Posts: 15531 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
You looked beautiful in both your weddings, but especially in the seocnd one! Your dress and hair are so classy!!! You look so young in your first wedding, it almost looks like your first communion!!! Mr. Mary Anna has a certain resemblance to Clark Kent! what does lie behind those glasses? Wink

Your family is also beautiful, love the picture! Do you all really play all thos instruments? It's like the Partridge Family!!!

If you email me your 1963 picture at high resolution (say 200-300 dpi) and a decent size (6" or more) I'm sure I can get it for you. It is not that badly faded.

Thank you, I smiled as soon as I saw you had posted in this thread, before I even opened it.

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Forum Groupie
Picture of phykell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna: First piano, 1963, with mother and sister (on floor):

Cute as the proverbial button Smiler

Posts: 867 | Location: UK | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was too young at the first wedding, but I was nineteen and I thought I knew everything. (My elder daughter is nineteen now... Eeker)

What is behind Mr. Mary Anna's glasses??? Beautiful blue eyes, just like Muffin's

Yes, we do play all those instruments. Mr. Mary Anna plays guitar marvelously and, because he can play anything with strings, he also picks around on electric bass, banjo, mandolin, and mountain dulcimer. Maryannette 1, my son, plays guitar, bagpipes, piano, electric bass, and percussion. Maryannette 2, my elder daughter, plays harp, clarinet, and soprano sax. Muffin plays piano and she's learning electric guitar. In my mis-spent musical life, I've played (besides piano) clarinet, violin, and electric bass.

The closest we've come to doing a Partridge Family thing is at Muffin's annual "play with somebody else" recital. Her teacher likes to encourage her students to play in ensembles so she does an informal recital at her house at the end of the year where the only requirement is that somebody plays with you. Last year we played March of the Toreadors and the theme from Star Wars. Muffin and I were on piano, Mr. Mary Anna and Maryannette 1 played guitar, and Maryannette 2 played maracas. It was fabulous!

Posts: 15531 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Mary Anna - your pictures are wonderful. I especially like the black and white family one.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20510 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Mary Anna - your pictures are wonderful. I especially like the black and white family one.

Smiler Jodi

I should have mentioned one more member of the family. That's my old Baldwin that we're gathered around. If we re-took this photo, the C7 would be hanging off the right-hand side of the photo. Smiler

Popularity Seeker
Picture of s54mo827
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pictures! Flower

Posts: 795 | Location: New York | Registered: 23 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatterbox
Picture of tk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
Actually TK, switch the red hair to black and you DO look like your avatar!!! You and your husband make a stunning couple! I can't remember, do you have kids? They are going to stop people right in their tracks! The wedding pic is perfect too! where did you get married?

Gosh! Thanks!

Don't know if you'll check back into this thread before you leave, but I'll answer your questions anyway!

We don't have kids, but we have a dog who stops people right in their tracks because she is so cute! Big Grin

We got married in Maui. It was wonderful! I'm not one for big crowds--even if my own wedding! So, we had a small, intimate wedding w/ just over 30 people. I definitely think it's the way to go for anyone not interested in a big wedding, but very interested in a memorable one!

Teachum, you look very sophisticated in that picture!

Mary Anna, I especially like the dress from your second wedding!

Posts: 409 | Location: Los Angeles County | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
tk - what kind of dog do you have that stops people in their tracks?

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cindy, you are magnificent!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
wow, cindy, you're a doll. and i LOVE those slippers.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
a recent picture with piano glasses that shows alot of detail

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of s54mo827
posted Hide Post
Apple - your picture says fun and spirited! Wink

Posts: 795 | Location: New York | Registered: 23 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post