well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I went to law school in Philadelphia. I think I've been back once in 25 years, but I'd be up for a bit of nostalgia.

However, I have many friends in DC, so that would work too.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Inlaws are in Philly. Always glad to go.

Sister's in DC. Happy to go there too.

Lots of friends in Chicago, would happily go there as well.

California and Seattle would be fine by me too.

Boston sucks, of course, but I'd go just to see everybody. (just kidding!)

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
I'll go wherever it is.

Philly would be fun. Not to mention the fact that Rich Galassini has a piano store AND a factory!

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time for Phila members to weigh in.

Where is Rich these days, anyway!

Lisa, I mentioned Philly too!!!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of fathertopianist
posted Hide Post
Many cities could work. Perhaps the nominated host cities could provide a vision for what the event would look like.

Posts: 4838 | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Great idea, FTP.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
You know, just the fact that Rich, Big Al and FTP are in Philly is good enough reason to get my vote.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
You know, just the fact that Rich, Big Al and FTP are in Philly is good enough reason to get my vote.

What am I, chopped liver?

Oh, and Big Al is in Pittsburgh....all the way at the OTHER end of PA...it's like a different world out there. But we love him anyway.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
ok, but i have never flown into philly.

am i going to have to take three planes? that's my only concern.

of course if i am living in nyc that year, that question is moot. but i'm not the only person who has significant travel hurdles.

moab ain't very close to anywhere, either, and neither is spirit lake.

is philly a hub airport? if so, i think it's a fine idea. i'd love to tour cunningham pianos, and i haven't been to philadelphia since i was in grade school.

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
i was just telling mr. apple i need to go to Philly.

my sister is close by too!

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
I just saw this thread!

I think the reunion should be in Kansas. But Philly is a nice second choice. Wink

Now I have to go back and read this thread to see dates and stuff. Then I have to figure out some cool concert event to have happening.

Ooooohh, this is gonna be fun.

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
As much as I like Philadelphia, it's only a hub for US Air, as I recall. Chicago is a hub for both United and American, and there are few airlines that don't fly to one of our two major aiports. But it's not like I'm biased or anything. Leaving

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
OK,

Here are a few cool things that a Philly reunion could offer:

1) Lisa
2) FTP
3) I could put together a really cool concert\party featuring Philly prodigies, OT, a name artist, or something else cool.
4) Piano factory tour.
5) Piano taste test like this one - http://www.whyy.org/podcast/news/arts20080730.mp3
6) a CHEESESTEAK PARTY!!

How'z that for starters??

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I'm going to cast my vote for Philly if the party is held on the east coast.

The history is -- well, you know. The location is less than 50/50 for east coasters but it is a little less humid and hot than DC and is almost as central.

Reasons 1-5 that rich posted.

Put me down for Philly.

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
to me, the number one priority is that we make it possible for every single one of us to be there. if that requirement is satisfied, then wherever people want to hold the party is fine with me.

i see that i can get to philly with just one change of plane, and even though the airport there is not a major hub, many major airlines do fly there.

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post