well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
 Login/Join

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for the invite, Mark. However, who among us is worthy to play the vaunted Grand spinet?

I don't know. How much you got?

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Not enough, I'm sure.

I think we'll all have to pool together to rent an instrument - something like a Steinway D, which will still fall pitifully short of the 'grandiose grandness' of the Grand spinet - to use as a party surrogate.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
If any of us are still speaking to each other in 2010, I would probably attend.

I wonder if any holiday weekend, including Memorial day, is really the best idea, because of people having family plans and conflicts?

I actually think D.C. is a good idea. Pretty central for the weird east coasters, and an interesting destination for the elite west coasters.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I agree 3-day weekends are problematic because some have family plans, plus travel and hotels are more expensive.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think Cindy should host.

What do you guys think?

Big Grin

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Heck, everything in her house is already disgusting, so why not? That way she doesn't have to worry about us coming in wrecking it. When we get done, it will justify a complete overhaul. Bon idee, Cindy?

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
I think, much like the Olympics, we have different venues. My house, in its perpetual, ummmmm, unkempt condition, will be the Rat's Nest.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bon idee, Cindy?

Idee is feminine. "Bonne idee."

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I think Cindy should host.

What do you guys think?

Big Grin

i understand she has newish carpeting in the basement. we could all sleep there.

(i hope the carpet color won't give me nightmares.)

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Well, nothing against Washington (I love it) but Rich is a friend amongst us, and if he had a venue at a time when we could all attend, and maybe continue the instruments there (something like I have seen him offer/do for other occasions), I would be interested in Philly. Still midcoast ....and

he is one of us!!!

What say you Mr. G?

Of course we all know that there are plenty of open houses/venues around Boston and NYC, and then, Kluurs area is also of interest!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
I've never been to DC although Mr. SAS has, and neither of us has been to NYC. Mr. SAS can only travel in the summer, that teacher thing again, and if I go to NYC without him he'd probably divorce me. He won't be out of school by Memorial Day.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAS:
I've never been to DC although Mr. SAS has, and neither of us has been to NYC. Mr. SAS can only travel in the summer, that teacher thing again, and if I go to NYC without him he'd probably divorce me. He won't be out of school by Memorial Day.

But you can come to DC by yourself, yes?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Mark, quit trying to put the make on all the wimmenfolk.

Don't you know that's Doug's job?

Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
quote:
Originally posted by SAS:

But you can come to DC by yourself, yes?

Yes. It probably won't go over really big, but I could probably come without hubby.

My secret desire is to play the grand spinet, so a DC trip would be lovely. Smiler

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Mark, quit trying to put the make on all the wimmenfolk.

Don't you know that's Doug's job?

I'm just saying that if it's not in the summer, SAS can't come unless it's in DC.

Besides, between naps, watching Matlock, the 4:00 senior special at Denny's, and a 5:30 bedtime, Doug doesn't have time to chase wimmenfolk.