well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
 Login/Join

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
...what do you think?

Big Grin Wink Razzer

I think that idea has a *lot* of potential. Yes If it taped during our anniversary, it'd be in the can for fall season opener.

All our recent experience here with home remodelling adventures and Steve's expertise (and my more aged experience as a homebuilder) brings something to the show as well. We sure spend enough time talking remodelling, for a piano group. We might even pitch it as "HGTV, the musical."

(But, seriously, I like the idea of planning for 2010.)

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
All our recent experience here with home remodelling adventures and Steve's expertise (and my more aged experience as a homebuilder) brings something to the show as well. We sure spend enough time talking remodelling, for a piano group.

i hadn't thought of that! yes, we definitely do have an edge here.

they could do a slide show of some of our remodeling projects we've shared on wtf. jodi's kitchen. my patio (i get to appear in a dust mask on the bobcat!). plays' living room. steve's rentals. etc.

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
All it would take to make this go is Cindy's signature on a contract freeing us from liability for "bad taste". With college looming, I think she just *might* learn to like lime green in the master bedroom. Big Grin

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
hmmmm. let's be our most persuasive! Big Grin Evil

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those people who most likes big groups and gatherings where there's actually something to do, besides eat and talk. My family only eats and talks. (Often at the same time, which annoys me completely. GoneMad) I think this project would be great fun. Big Grin

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
well, there is piano playing, too, you know. Roll Eyes

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if we will get any offers from Rich. Might be fun to travel to Philly!

BTW, I think Boston certainly has more than the listed 6!!! Wink

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
well, there is piano playing, too, you know. Roll Eyes

Yeah. And I might actually play if we've got floor sanders and cutoff saws keeping rhythm.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
DC does have the advantage of being more central to everyone in the east. people from the south don't have to travel quite so far.

and there is an amazing amount of stuff to see and do in washington. i'm long, long overdue for a visit there myself. i have to get to the museum of the american indian.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
BTW, I think Boston certainly has more than the listed 6!!! Wink

Indeed it does, and NYC has a good dozen or more reliable shows for any piano get together. But I was just counting top 50 posters at WTF so many good piano party attendees weren't counted (e.g Bootsy, Grotriman, etc.)

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I've never been to DC, so it gets my vote.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Booking during school decreases my chances of being able to go by a whole lot - it's one of the downsides of that whole "summer off" thing - I don't get vacation at any other time. I know that's not an issue that effects a whole lot of people - just sayin'.

Posts: 4095 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
On behalf of the WTF's Greater DC delegation, I humbly and gratefully acknowledge the "WTF--Five, and Still Alive!" Executive Council's decision to hold its five-year reunion in our nation's capital. I've already received a congratulatory phone call from President McCain, who stated that Vice President Palin is looking forward to be being the event's Honorary Chairpitbull.

Stately Markb Manor even has a freshly-repaved driveway to welcome you.

Late spring would probably be best for us.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the invite, Mark. However, who among us is worthy to play the vaunted Grand spinet?

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
DC? Maybe we could have it at the Vice-Presidents mansion. She will be busy p
OOPs, not a political thread is it?

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post