well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
So AdagioM, are you the yarnibomber?

Not this time. I didn't know about it 'til I read about it in the news. It's a cute promotion by the downtown merchants, complete with ugly sweater contest and donations of warm clothing.

Someone stole most of the first wave of knitwear. Next wave goes up tomorrow.

http://pdxknitterati.com/2013/...oliday-yarn-bombing/

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
the yarnibomber

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34974 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

That's mean.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

That's mean.

Yes. But to be expected in an urban setting.

I know I'd be peeved if my knitwear was stolen, but I think you have to go in with the mindset that you're ok with it. I guess that's why I don't yarnbomb. Too much time, not enough glory.

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
A WTF-er, in person!

Also saw my childhood home, falling into ruins.

It used to look like this, once upon a time.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Beautiful house.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool.

Beautiful house.

Reminds me of many in your town, RF.

Today, I stopped by the grocery store...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
How civilized.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
...Vladimir Putin, sporting an earring and buying German salami at the local Polish deli...or maybe it's Mr Clean....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
the yarnibomber

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ha! RF, I didn't even notice the "i" in yarnibomber; I was reading on my phone. Clever!

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Here's Kvinneakt (female nude) getting her sparkly snowflake adornment last Thursday evening. I went to visit at the time of installation, because I wasn't sure how long it would last!

Some of you may recognize this statue from the "Expose Yourself to Art" poster from the 1970's. It was a picture of our future mayor, Bud Clark, in a trenchcoat, flashing the statue.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today I saw "Messiah" at the Richard Nixon library. The room they have it in is a copy of the East room in the White house. It's a very beautiful space with outstanding acoustics.

It's a "sing along" and they do it every year. The chorus and orchestra are all volunteers who only get together once per year to put on this performance. The audience is encouraged to sing along and if the people around me were any indication a lot of them should have been up on stage.

New this year was a harpsichord in the orchestra and it sounded fantastic!

I took the photo before the performance started - it was SRO about 10 minutes after I took it.

Posts: 34974 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Today I saw "Messiah" at the Richard Nixon library. The room they have it in is a copy of the East room in the White house. It's a very beautiful space with outstanding acoustics.

It's a "sing along" and they do it every year. The chorus and orchestra are all volunteers who only get together once per year to put on this performance. The audience is encouraged to sing along and if the people around me were any indication a lot of them should have been up on stage.

New this year was a harpsichord in the orchestra and it sounded fantastic!

I took the photo before the performance started - it was SRO about 10 minutes after I took it.

Wonderful! Do they do the whole thing, or just the choruses? We have a sing along Messiah here in Portland, and it's just the choruses. Very fun.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The performance lasted 70 minutes. The complete work is longer but there were several solos along with the choruses. The soloists were terrific!

70 minutes was plenty for me, mostly due to those horrible little chairs.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post

That IS beautiful! It would be heartbreaking for anyone to see it fallen into disrepair - most of all someone with a childhood connection. Frowner

(I'll bet the interior was wonderful too!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post