well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
it's very similar, ron, but the lid didn't have that reinforcement under it. it was clear lexan all the way through.

i've gotta go through my pics from that trip and digitize some of them. things are stalled out while hubster decides if he wants to get a plain scanner or one of those combo dealies. i will never buy hp again! (scanner died like the month after the warranty ran out.)

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Here's another one of those upright grands

We totally exist! Really!!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
And the weekend bonus is:

Behold! The Borgato double piano. Perfect for organists... The lower piano only has bass strings that work from the pedals.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
wow again.. that would require a percussive pedalling techinque I guess. I wonder how low the bass goes.

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It looks to have the same lower range. (3 bass octaves, going down to A=27.5 Hz.) Also, since feet are a "little" heavier and stronger than fingers, I don't think any additional impact would be needed.

Check it out here:
http://www.borgato.it/main_800_uk.htm

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
I can hardly manage the 3 pedals on my piano... I'd love to try it tho.

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Rontuner, I think the Borgato double piano needs to come with at least a PG-13 rating... maybe PG-17, that thing's makin' me blush!! Blush

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Laura and I want someone to start making this piano again!! (This is a Pleyel)

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
posted Hide Post
Elena:

What's the advantage of a piano like that vs. two sistered grands?

Other than how freakin cool the one-unit is.

www.cjquinn.com
-------------------------
August Förster 190

Posts: 4676 | Location: Brooklyn, Earth | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of KlavierBauer
posted Hide Post
I feel obligated to jump in (sorry it's 7 pages late though!)

I have a very special offering... something still in the conceptual stages, and not yet in production. But how about a titanium piano?

And for Pique...

Posts: 750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Chris, I would imagine it would be easier to balance sound and make both pianos equal as they are both at the same distance from the lid. Two separate pianos, Piano II tends to sound different to Piano I because it has no lid and is not perfectly picked up by the lid of the first piano.

Never played one of these (it seems there are 6 in the world), it may sound awful but I love the concept!

Hey KB, are those Grotrimans joined at the hip? How in the world is the lid being held up?

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of KlavierBauer
posted Hide Post

It's quite a monstrous device keeping that lid up.
I couldn't stop looking at it at NAMM.

Posts: 750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Conjoined pianos...even the finest surgeons might have trouble separating those two -- joined at the tail! Big Grin

Hey, Elena! Welcome! It was so great to see and hear you and Laura! Glad your upstate concert went well (in spite of those hammers)and you're getting a well-deserved break!

Joe

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
KB, that looks like the piano version of teenage braces!! I would hate to see the lifting mechanism fail...

Joe, thanks for the welcome. I have been meaning to post here for a while but could never find enough time to dip my feet in. I posted my impressions of my Brooklyn stay and some extra pics over in the "What are you listening..." thread in Off Key.

When do you rehearse with Heather? I read you met her. She is an astonishing musician, isn't she? I'm bummed I won't be hearing you two. Please try and get a recording!

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
hi, elena! good to see you here.

kb, you beat me to the punch. i saw that grotrian when i was in braunschweig in april, but i didn't have a photo.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post