well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
This one's not too unusual - but check out the angles and the square tail.

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
This will have to hold you for the weekend Big Grin

Ummm, ma'am, can you move this stuff so I can tune?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Who is the guy that tours playing one of these?

He's commisioned pieces for toy piano and orchestra...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Gadfly
Picture of Ermo
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks. I like that square one - at the top of the page - what is it?

Posts: 3755 | Location: Undisclosed Location | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The big grand with the square tail? It's a Steingraeber. Just came across it in my surfing...

How about another fancy upright?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Gadfly
Picture of Ermo
posted Hide Post
OK, Ron, at the risk of asking a stupid question - or rather two stupid questions - Are all Steingrabers shaped that way? Is there a reason for that shape, other than being unique?

Posts: 3755 | Location: Undisclosed Location | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Gee, those aren't stupid questions.... but judging from their website, they embrace "unusual"

I'm on the wrong side of the pond to have seen any, maybe I can do some digging tomorrow.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Rontuner, I have heard of the Toy Piano guy!! What was his name!!! Now it's going to drive me crazy trying to remember!!!! Confused

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I've heard the toy piano guy. There's also a guy in Seattle, Hokum W. Jeebs, who plays toy piano and tuba at the same time.

Back in the '50's and early '60's there was a jazz pianist named Marty Paitch who headed a piano quartet. On one of their albums each pianist had an acoustic grand, an electric piano (I think) and a toy piano. There's a picture of the studio setup on the album cover. Pete Jolly, one of my all-time fave pianists, was a member of the quartet.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It looks like there is more than one toy piano artist out there:

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
This one looks cool, with a bench too!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Care to take this for a test drive?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've just noticed that it's time for my 200th post here at WTF WTF

Don't tell me YOU don't have room to fit a piano in YOUR house....

Yes, it's a trailer, with the kitchen in the foreground and the bedroom in the background.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Gadfly
Picture of Ermo
posted Hide Post
They've got their priorities straight, at any rate. Extremely limited space and they still choose to squeeze in a piano.

Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
I'm almost tempted to post a picture of my one room appartement (with grand piano, upright piano, digital piano and several other musical instruments). At least I know that I got my priorities straight as well...

Ron, congrats concerning your 200ths post! Still a long way to go for me.

Jens

Posts: 139 | Location: Leipzig, Germany | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post