well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
England (London) 19th century
(label is blurry so I can't figure out more of the details)

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lovely photograph by Winifred Meiser

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Another Piano Key.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Ruth Laredo recital at St Petersburg Philharmonic Hall - a great photo angle don't you think?

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Frank Lloyd Wright's Children’s Playroom Piano
Wright designed the playroom for his children and did not want a baby grand piano to take up floor space within the room. He modified the west wall so the front legs and keyboard of the piano would be within the room and the rest of the piano would extend under the playroom balcony and out over the adjacent staircase, where the piano hangs from a metal strap.

More backstory:
http://www.gowright.org/homest...no_installation.html
http://www.pianosociety.com/ne...ostorder=asc&start=0

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
England (London) 19th century
(label is blurry so I can't figure out more of the details)

How elegante is that?

I dread the day when I come into WTF and don't see some wonderful pianos that you post pics of!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Thankyou Lilylady, even before the piano plays, it brings tears to my eyes... the piano above surely is a supremo. I'd love to travel the world and see all these amazing things; and then the people - why not! - Just looking and listening to a feast of a pianist - http://www.gabrielamontero.com/ her playing, personality, improvising and etc, (love her Liszt and Rachmaninoff playing directly off her website) inspire me, like the piano above. Thanks for your kind words, they inspire me also..

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Not many would have this sig on their plate...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Church Piano - at Bury Parish Church Lancs UK

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano Car
Caption says ... The dashboard has been removed to make way for a keyboard. The pedals are piano pedals. No idea how it moves.
This car features prominently in the video for the new Badly Drawn Boy single 'Nothing's Gonna Change Your Mind'. Found the youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTW4Ltkv2os

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
If pianos are your business, why not use them to advertise...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Can't get enough butterflies in the world! Little beauties.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The plaster-cast, Gold Plated Hands of Percy Grainger

Percy Grainger's Butterfly with its wings removed
Very small piano with semi-circular body (flat not upright) steel/iron frame, 3 legs, 1 pedal, lid has been removed and sections cut away. Front panels removed (by Percy) and adjusted by him for use in his Free Music experiments during the early 1950s. 15 large nails have been inserted into holes drilled into frame to lengthen strings which are tuned to 1/6th tones- entire mechanism exposed. Adjusted by Grainger and tuned to sixth tones for use in his Free music experiments.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The caption says "music is the healing force of the universe" - also an interesting photograph.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Alexander Piano during construction 18'10" Length