well-temperedforum.groupee.net
the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2960022933/m/8620088175

12 September 2008, 10:58 AM
markb
the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
quote:
Thank you for the invite, Mark. However, who among us is worthy to play the vaunted Grand spinet?

I don't know. How much you got?
12 September 2008, 11:27 AM
OperaTenor
Not enough, I'm sure.

I think we'll all have to pool together to rent an instrument - something like a Steinway D, which will still fall pitifully short of the 'grandiose grandness' of the Grand spinet - to use as a party surrogate.
12 September 2008, 11:33 AM
Doug
If any of us are still speaking to each other in 2010, I would probably attend.

I wonder if any holiday weekend, including Memorial day, is really the best idea, because of people having family plans and conflicts?

I actually think D.C. is a good idea. Pretty central for the weird east coasters, and an interesting destination for the elite west coasters.
12 September 2008, 11:46 AM
jon-nyc
I agree 3-day weekends are problematic because some have family plans, plus travel and hotels are more expensive.
12 September 2008, 11:46 AM
jon-nyc
I think Cindy should host.

What do you guys think?

Big Grin
12 September 2008, 12:25 PM
kathyk
Heck, everything in her house is already disgusting, so why not? That way she doesn't have to worry about us coming in wrecking it. When we get done, it will justify a complete overhaul. Bon idee, Cindy?
12 September 2008, 12:26 PM
markb
I think, much like the Olympics, we have different venues. My house, in its perpetual, ummmmm, unkempt condition, will be the Rat's Nest.
12 September 2008, 12:27 PM
markb
quote:
Bon idee, Cindy?

Idee is feminine. "Bonne idee."
12 September 2008, 12:30 PM
piqué
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I think Cindy should host.

What do you guys think?

Big Grin

i understand she has newish carpeting in the basement. we could all sleep there.

(i hope the carpet color won't give me nightmares.)
12 September 2008, 01:39 PM
LL
Well, nothing against Washington (I love it) but Rich is a friend amongst us, and if he had a venue at a time when we could all attend, and maybe continue the instruments there (something like I have seen him offer/do for other occasions), I would be interested in Philly. Still midcoast ....and

he is one of us!!!

What say you Mr. G?

Of course we all know that there are plenty of open houses/venues around Boston and NYC, and then, Kluurs area is also of interest!
12 September 2008, 02:28 PM
SAS
I've never been to DC although Mr. SAS has, and neither of us has been to NYC. Mr. SAS can only travel in the summer, that teacher thing again, and if I go to NYC without him he'd probably divorce me. He won't be out of school by Memorial Day.
12 September 2008, 02:50 PM
markb
quote:
Originally posted by SAS:
I've never been to DC although Mr. SAS has, and neither of us has been to NYC. Mr. SAS can only travel in the summer, that teacher thing again, and if I go to NYC without him he'd probably divorce me. He won't be out of school by Memorial Day.

But you can come to DC by yourself, yes?
12 September 2008, 03:00 PM
jon-nyc
Mark, quit trying to put the make on all the wimmenfolk.

Don't you know that's Doug's job?
12 September 2008, 03:33 PM
SAS
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
quote:
Originally posted by SAS:

But you can come to DC by yourself, yes?

Yes. It probably won't go over really big, but I could probably come without hubby.

My secret desire is to play the grand spinet, so a DC trip would be lovely. Smiler
12 September 2008, 03:51 PM
markb
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Mark, quit trying to put the make on all the wimmenfolk.

Don't you know that's Doug's job?

I'm just saying that if it's not in the summer, SAS can't come unless it's in DC.

Besides, between naps, watching Matlock, the 4:00 senior special at Denny's, and a 5:30 bedtime, Doug doesn't have time to chase wimmenfolk.