well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Here's a question:

Does it matter whether it is or is not corona?

I'm feeling like I'd rather not bother to get tested because there's nothing I would do differently if the test came back positive. I wouldn't show up at a hospital unless I started showing worrisome symptoms.

Am I wrong?

If you know you are positive, aren’t you going to extra vigilant not to expose others, including in your own home.

Jf

But there are only three of us, and I'm already doing that.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
So you would quarantine exactly the same as if you had been diagnosed with c19?

That's a heavy burden for an unknown.

Plus when they learn more about the virus, you won't know if it applies to you or not.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
If I get it I want to know. Hopefully I will have gained some immunity.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I got through to the health dept - but only got half the info - I’m showing up as negative (so i won’t give it to my farrier who won’t give it to pique!), but no results on Steve yet. The person i talked to is going to try again right before 5:00pm and see if they have results on him. He’s really the critical one - he needs to be able to go to work as all hell is breaking loose (just like it is everywhere). (But at least now I can go take care of my horse...)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Keyboard Jam
Hope Steve is the same.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
So you would quarantine exactly the same as if you had been diagnosed with c19?

That's a heavy burden for an unknown.

Plus when they learn more about the virus, you won't know if it applies to you or not.

If I wake up tomorrow and feel fine, I'll go for a run. If I still feel fine, then I'll go about my life.

What am I missing?

I mean, self quarantine means I stay away from others, right? Well, there's a pandemic going on. So I would find that anyway.

I dont understand.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, this is really good news Jodi!!!

Praying for Steve’s news to be the same!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I got through to the health dept - but only got half the info - I’m showing up as negative (so i won’t give it to my farrier who won’t give it to pique!), but no results on Steve yet. The person i talked to is going to try again right before 5:00pm and see if they have results on him. He’s really the critical one - he needs to be able to go to work as all hell is breaking loose (just like it is everywhere). (But at least now I can go take care of my horse...)

That's good news!

Hope Steve gets the same.

I still don't think you are in the clear, though, until steve is...

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Here's a good reason to get tested:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...eeks-after-contagion

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
But . . .does detecting the virus' RNA mean the person is still contagious?

The current recommendation is 14 days after . . . What? Exposure? Onset of symptoms? End of symptoms?

I guess my plan is to work from home for two weeks. It seems highly unlikely that they will use a test on an otherwise healthy lady with a headache.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
If I wake up tomorrow and feel fine, I'll go for a run. If I still feel fine, then I'll go about my life.
There is a line of reasoning that you are safer outside. The virus has been shown to live on hard surfaces like stainless steel and plastic for up to 72 hours and surfaces like cardboard for up to 24 hours. But those are in a stable lab environment with little air circulation and no sunshine -- UV kills viri. So outside, where you normally don't spend a lot of time in prolonged close proximity to other people, you are probably much safer than you are inside, especially in an office.

But that's just what I hear and it seems to make sense to me.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
What I have seen suggests that pj is right ... outdoor exercise is preferable.

There are now reports that the virus can survive in the air, aerosolized or some such term, for a while. Longer than they'd thought. But you're still safer outside.

The fourteen-day rule is if you've been in contact with someone who is or is suspected to be infected. So, it's 14 days from when you came in contact with them, with no symptoms of your own.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

Glad for goood news!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
LL, Mr. Jodi tested positive and we found out last night. PM me if you want more information.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Oh no.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post